Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday Snippet: A Calamity of Chaos

Slow week in television due to the Olympics, but that's okay. I enjoy being a casual viewer of the coverage and there have been some terrific events. Watching Virture | Mior during ice dancing is such a joy. They're unmatched by anyone else.

Legends of Tomorrow returned on Monday and while I'm kind of "meh" about the move to a new night, I did love the episode. Nice to see the group dealing with Firestorm being gone. Also kind of cool to see Mick step into something of a leadership role, even if he'd never own doing it. LOL

I had the chance to catch up on my period dramas. Murdoch Mysteries is having some fun with Julia's pregnancy and I kind of like how she's dealing with everything. Frankie Drake Mysteries keeps getting better. I love the varied types of cases Frankie and Trudy get involved in.

Also caught another five episodes of Chicago Fire. Season four is diving into things on a much deeper level and I like where the characters are right now. It's been fun watching Severide pull himself back up from his demotion. I even sort of enjoyed Patterson figuring out what really matters at fifty-one. Not sure I'm totally down with him becoming a battalion chief but, yeah, I can live with it. LOL

I didn't get the chance to watch more of The Punisher, but I'll be catching some episodes this weekend. Also still need to watch the latest Riverdale before the show returns after the Olympics.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from A Calamity of Chaos, a Chaos novella with a steampunk flair.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Esme and Ashton embark on a trip to America, on the trail of their nemesis's partner. Calamity ensues when they stumble upon a dastardly plot to keep them from returning home.

And a preview snippet…

"I'm asking, plainly I might add, if you'd like to spend the night in my bed." Anissa removed her jacket and hung it by the door along with her hat. "Are you sure you write articles for a living?" Her lips curved in a sexy smirk.
Del blinked and shook his head. The woman certainly liked to push boundaries. But the idea of spending a night with her held great appeal.
But first he had to salvage his wounded pride and protect his cover story. "Yes, I'm certain. I fully grasp the English language." And several others.
Anissa started undoing the buttons of her chambray shirt. "Then what seems to be the problem?" She walked toward him, her hips swaying gently. "You're a prime specimen of manhood. I have no doubt you'll make an impressive lover." Tugging the shirttails from her trousers, she let the shirt flutter to the floor.
Which left her in her chemise and rugged denim pants. Her curves on prominent display, he struggled to form coherent thoughts.
She quirked a brow. "What seems to be the problem?" Leaning in, she trailed a finger down his shirtfront.
His body responded to her touch, his cock hard and aching. "I'm a little taken aback by your forwardness." Only Esme came close to being as brazen.
The women would no doubt get along famously.
She found his declaration vastly amusing, tossing her head with a laugh. "Look, I'm not Miss Prim and Proper. Would I be riding around on a horse, shooting targets if I were?" She lifted a shoulder. "I go where I want and do what I want. With whomever I want. If you can't handle that, take your leave." She glanced toward the door, indicating he could go. "I make no apologies for the way I live." Turning on her heel, she strode to the wardrobe and yanked the door open.
Del crossed the space between them in two strides. "I didn't ask for any. Your life is yours to live however you see fit." He grasped her arm, turning her to face him. "You caught me off-guard with the invitation. I only know one other woman who has the wherewithal to boldly state her intentions and follow through on them." His lips curved. "She quite enjoys thumbing her nose at societal norms. You two would get along quite well."
Anissa's shoulders tensed. "I wasn't aware you're already spoken for. Consider my earlier suggestion off the table." Her mouth twisted in distaste.
Del threw his head back and laughed. "I have no claim on Esme. That headache belongs to her partner Ashton Sylvester." He skimmed his palms up to her shoulders. "I'm currently unattached. And… if your offer still stands…" He lowered his head, his mouth hovering over hers. "I'd very much like to spend the night with you."

I truly need to sit down and finish writing this series. I love the characters and the settings and the sages are usually generous with the words once I dive back into the pages.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment