Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Events in Motion

Hello, May! I'm having a momentary freak-out because we're a month away from June, which means half the year is almost gone. Seriously, time goes fast sometimes. Jeez.

Busy week for television. I caught the third episode of Krypton and, yeah, I'm hooked. I love this show. Also caught another episode of Ghost Squad and enjoyed it more than the second one. Started watching episodes of Classic Who too. My Roku is working overtime right now. LOL

Tuesday's viewing included Endeavor, more Classic Who, Midsomer Murders, and the CW Seed original Freedom Fighters: The Ray, A Hero Rises. I also caught up on an episode of Gotham and seriously… I've said it before but season four is kicking so much ass. This show is rising on my list of favorites and entering the top tier. It's awesome.

Wednesday ended up being a little light on viewing. I caught The Flash a little late because I missed it Tuesday. Not a bad episode. That said, I kind of don't care at all about how DeVoe arrived at his batshit crazy decision to "enlighten" the rest of the world. Thankfully there aren't many more episodes to get through. Just saying. Also caught an episode of Chicago Fire and Jessica Jones. At this point, I'm totally done with Trish. Season three will have a long way to go if they want me to ever like that character again.

On Thursday, I caught Arrow in real time and ended up loving the episode. The twisty turns were terrific and I'm truly thrilled Oliver and Rene arrived at a better place. Watched two episodes of Blindspot and almost finished the second season.

Friday included the last episode of Blindspot's second season and an episode of Chicago PD. I'm so excited to start season three of Blindspot and can't wait to see what happened to get Jane in Nepal and covered in bioluminescent tattoos.

Saturday's viewing included the first episode of Blindspot's season three. Getting the team back together with a completely new dynamic is great. I'm very interested in what the hell Roman is doing. I also caught episode twelve of Jessica Jones. No, I haven't changed my mind about Trish. I'm still really pissed off at her. I did rather like the intimate takedown Jeri pulled. That was actually kind of brilliant. Finally, I started to get caught up on Riverdale.

Whew. What a week! Tonight's post is from Events in Motion, a novella that started with a writing community prompt of creating a scene with whispering, a temple, and a totem. I liked the challenge.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Fate has a plan for Drury, one she's not all that certain she wants to follow. Porter doesn't believe in destiny, but when Drury sets a chain of events in motion, he has to change his perspective or risk losing her to chance.

And a preview snippet…

We're not a couple anymore… why am I here?
Because Drury proved hard to quit. And I'm a sucker for lost causes. Obviously.
Didn't help she'd ended their relationship. If he'd had a choice, he would've tried to work out their differences. Yeah, she had a heavy burden. Had been through a life-altering experience—one he didn't believe in or understand. But she didn't even try to explain, choosing to cut him out of her life instead.
Love wore many layers and he hadn't been able to shed more than maybe the top tier. The one that acknowledged they weren't together anymore. Didn't stop him from wanting her or keep her from taking up space in his head or his heart.
Dammit. What an idiot.
Dru put her hand on his chest. "Porter, you're overthinking things again." She sat up and maneuvered around to straddle his lap.
His body reacted, same as always whenever her succulent ass got within contact range. His dick went hard and nudged up against the apex of her thighs. Exactly what she wanted.
Her mouth twitched into a sexy smirk. "Mmm. See what happens when your brain shuts down?" She leaned in, meshing her lips with his, her tongue seeking entrance.
Porter groaned and gave her access, which she took full advantage of. Her hands grabbed the hem of his shirt, lifting the fabric up and over his head, barely breaking the kiss to do so.
This is not a good idea.
Dude, as if you're putting up a fight.
Seriously? Have you met Dru? She won't let anything keep her from what she wants.
She wants your dick, man.  
Yeah, she did. She had his pants undone and her palm wrapped around the heavy length. Her thumb worked over the sensitive tip and Porter swallowed down a moan. Ground rules. They needed some ground rules before this went further.
He eased away, cupping her face. "Dru… we should probably—"
She cut him off. "Please, Port. Please." A wobble of desperate need quivered in her plea.
And… Boom! Screw the rules. He dropped right into giving Dru whatever she needed mode.

Gotta say the challenge of writing Dru and Porter is an enjoyable one. Making sure the conflict doesn't overshadow their connection is fun.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment