Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Left Unsaid

WooHoo! The Walking Dead is back tonight! So excited to see what happens next.

In other TV news, Arrow and Bitten continue to eat my brain, so much so, I've decided to dust off my Universes Altered blog and start recapping the episodes. Hopefully if I do weekly brain dumps, I'll have more space in my head. :D

What else? Almost Human, Lost Girl, and Helix are still must see. And Banshee, gotta take a moment to mention Friday's episode. I loved it. Usually, there's so much going on it's hard to keep up—I love that, don't get me wrong—but I seriously enjoyed having a tight focus on Lucas and Carrie/Ana this week. I don't know, for such an almost quiet episode, some big shifts occurred. Important ones, I think. But I'm really excited to see the next episode when shit goes sideways and everything is back to normal. J

Tonight's post is from Left Unsaid, a novella where my main characters sometimes find communicating without words is the best way to get their point across. J

Here's the tagline:

Haven and Pryce are involved in a covert war between humanity and the fae. When the battle takes a nasty turn for the worse and their lives are in danger multiple times, the couple realizes it's sometimes better to communicate without words.

And a preview snippet…

Haven entered the war room, her eyes scanning the space, seeking Pryce. Okay, stupid. She'd already talked with him in the operations center. He'd come back whole, uninjured, and no worse for the wear—physically. But he'd been quiet, even for him.
She couldn't shake a compelling need to make sure he really didn't have something wrong with him.
Her gaze darted back and forth, glancing up and down. No Pryce. Heaving a sigh, she turned to exit and maybe head to the common area or even to the private quarters. A throat clearing stopped her progress.
"Pryce?" She waited, hoping he'd answer.
A chair scraped the floor in a darkened corner and he rose, stepping out of the shadows. "Yeah. What's up?"
His voice sounded garbled and she realized he'd been sitting alone for a reason.
Shit. She didn't want to interrupt, but since she had, she might as well offer a shoulder.
Haven crossed the space and stood in front of him. "I'm sorry. I'll leave if you want, but…" She trailed off, hating how much she sucked at not knowing what to say. "Look, I just wanted to see you again… sort of make sure I didn't imagine you coming back." Geez, lame. Lame. Lame. Lame.
Pryce chuckled. At least he hadn't snorted with derision.
He smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "I'm really here. No harm done."
She tilted her head, studying him a moment. "You sure about that?"
He shrugged. "No, but—" He stopped, shook his head. "Yes, I'm sure. I'm fine. Promise."
Haven reached out and grasped his hand. "You can't bullshit a pro, Pryce." She tugged him forward and wrapped her arms around him. "But okay, this is me backing off now." She laid her head on his shoulder. "I'm too happy to have you back to push hard at the moment."
His hands skimmed up her sides and travelled to cup her chin, angling her face upward. He met her gaze, his eyes unreadable. As much as she wanted Pryce to open up, she wouldn't pry. His head lowered and his mouth brushed over hers. The warm touch of his lips jolted her, the zing of passion igniting like fire. He might be tied up in knots, but she could offer comfort.
Happily.
She deepened the embrace, sliding her tongue to tangle with his. His hands moved to cup her ass, bringing her hips flush against his. She moaned, low in her throat, and broke the embrace.
Resting her forehead against his chin, she whispered. "Not the place for this, Pryce. Let's hit the shower in my quarters." She eased away, waiting for a reply.
His lips curved and he nodded toward the door. "Lead the way, Haven."
She grinned, catching hold of his hand. "Let's go."

Pryce and Haven don't always see eye to eye but they definitely find ways to get through their drama.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye 

No comments:

Post a Comment