Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Nature Calls

Whew. It's been a long week filled with a few bumps and bruises. First up, my published title, A Magical Affair is temporarily off the shelf. I'm hoping I found a new home for it, but I'm waiting for confirmation. I'll keep everyone posted when I know anything for certain.

TV fare ended up being light this week, but S.H.I.E.L.D. totally delivered an awesome episode. I won't discuss because seeing Captain America: Winter Soldier is a true bonus before getting into any details. J

Tonight's post is from, Nature Calls, a short story with a couple of adventure-loving co-workers who get up close and personal in the wilds of nature.

Here's the tagline:

Kacee Biehl follows Russ Romanova through crazy adventures for their webcast series about urban legends. She's got it bad for the handsome host and on the last day of their shoot, she makes a move, thinking she has Russ right where she wants him. But Russ has other ideas and turns the tables on Kacee—giving her exactly what she needs.

And a preview snippet…

"Kace, where're my binocs? They're not in the case?"
The moment finally arrived. "Gee, Russ. I don't know. Maybe you dropped them?"
He shot her a narrow-eyed glance. "Um, no. I didn't… you know I wouldn't." He crossed his arms over his chest. "Where are they?"
She shrugged. "I would know, why?" She braced her shoulder blades against the nearest tree. "I'm not the binocular babysitter, you know."
Russ cocked his head to the side and studied her a moment, then he shrugged and turned away, scanning the area for a glimpse of his treasured possession. He walked several feet to his left and doubled back, bringing him behind the tree. Kacee gasped when he yanked her arms toward him, then yelped when he looped the strap of the case around her wrists, effectively immobilizing her.
She craned her neck, trying to get a read on where Russ stood. "Russ, what the hell?" He came around from her right. "Exactly, Kacee. What the hell did you do with my binoculars?" He glanced around. "There's nobody out here except you and me. And we're not leaving until you spill the whereabouts." He planted his hands on his hips. "I'm not above resorting to whatever is necessary."
Kacee fought a shudder. She'd waited a long time to maneuver herself into a position where Russ had the upper hand. She couldn't wait to see what he'd do.
But a push in the right direction wouldn't hurt. "Oh yeah? Feel free to strip search me if you think I'm hiding them."
Russ blinked… several times. His mouth opened, closed, and his lips flattened into a thin slash across his face. He gave her a long, considering look before reaching into his pocket to remove the knife he kept there.
Stepping forward, he flipped the blade open and lightly trailed the tip over her T-shirt. "If you insist, I'll be happy to do so." He grasped the hemline and made a small cut then grabbed the fabric and pulled, splitting her top up the middle.
Kacee sucked in a harsh breath and eagerly awaited his next move.

And, oh yes… she's going to love it. LOL



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment