Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Not Gonna Happen

May 4, 2014

Another nice week in TV. Arrow keeps going at a breakneck pace. I'm so excited to see how the season ends. S.H.I.E.L.D keeps me guessing a little and I like that. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Ward's situation, but I'd love to see if they can actually redeem the guy. And make me believe it. :D Orphan Black blew my mind. One… because I totally called Cal's role in Sarah's former life. I won't spoil anything here, but I had a gut feeling about him. Now I'm wondering if one of my hopes for Rachel comes to fruition. *crosses fingers* And how about the ending? Oh, man, I seriously hope that Daniel dude gets his comeuppance. Or dies. Either way would suit me. :D

Tonight's post is from the novella, Not Gonna Happen, an urban fantasy with just a touch of supernatural fun.

Here's the tagline:

Gina Ames and Tuck Danvers sign up for a weekend of hunting for an urban legend. When their other team members start dropping, one by one, they take off for the safety of the city. Too bad the concrete and steel can't protect them from what follows them home.

And a preview snippet…

"It's good to be back in the city." Gina hooked her arms around Tuck and leaned in for a steamy kiss.
His mouth met hers and, oh man, she melted into the embrace. The man had some seriously incredible lips. Tuck's hands skimmed her sides, settling on the curve of her ass. He drew her between his legs, the hard ridge of his erection firmly wedged between them.
Gina trailed her fingers along his arm, drawing a sensual line down his torso before working the button of his fly open. She started on the zipper, lowering it slowly, letting the tension build.
Tuck broke the embrace and nudged her head to the side, ghosting kisses along the column of her throat. She sighed, letting her eyes slide closed, and eased her hand under the denim of Tuck's jeans. Her fingers curled around his cock, freeing it from the confines of the fabric.
Tuck froze and sucked in a harsh breath. "Son of a bitch."
Gina stiffened, stilling her movements. "What the hell, Tuck. You're hard as a rock. Don't even tell me you're not ready."
His head jerked. "No, Gina. It's not that. We've got company." He scrambled away, fastening his jeans with efficiency.
She craned her neck, glancing over her shoulder. Sure enough, in the grove of trees close to the park, a lone, shadowy figure moved among the low hanging branches.
Gina grumbled. "Dammit. How the hell did it track us?"
Tuck grabbed her hand. "Don't know. Don't care." He dragged her behind him, heading for the street. "We're not gonna stick around to find out."

Needless to say, the whole not sticking around part is probably a good idea. LOL



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment