Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Protect the Target

Do any of my readers watch Defiance? I'm totally loving the new season. The tagline of Tick, Tick, Tick seems to fit the way the episodes have been going. I'm looking forward to when everything blows up and comes to a head.

Dominion and The Last Ship are also on my must view schedule. I kind of like finding new shows in the summer to sink my teeth into. I'm also rewatching the original La Femme Nikita series from the 90s. I love that show! Oh, and Peacekeeper Wars! So much good TV right now.

Tonight's post is from Protect the Target, a novella where my main characters battle some inner demons while facing a big threat.

Here's the tagline:

Noya Vix is a walking target with a lot of magical factions coming after her, the most persistent being Lenj Gottman, who wants to exploit her precognitive ability. Booth Wanderlux is her number one protector, but he's got issues with keeping Noya out of harm's way because she refuses to lay low until Lenj is caught.

And a preview snippet…

Noya paced back and forth. "Oh, wait. Your plan won't work." She paused and shot Booth a sideways glance. "Because it doesn't include me." She went back to burning off her nervous energy.
Booth rolled his eyes. "It'll work better for that reason." He braced for impact.
Noya slugged him. "No, it won't. You need me."
Booth grasped her hips and tugged her forward. "I do, yes. But, Noya, you can't take the chance."
She rested her forehead against his chest. "Because Lenj will go for me and the old man made it clear I have to be protected." She sighed.
Booth smoothed his hands over her back. "Yes. And I wish it didn't have to be this way, but he's right." His lips brushed over the top of her hair. "Your ability to read the runes combined with the precognitive skill is our best shot at finding a place to call home." He lifted her chin to meet her gaze. "And I want a place to settle down." His head lowered. "With you."
He sealed his mouth over hers and Noya got lost in the kiss. She hated sitting on the sidelines, but a chance to put down roots and spend her life with Booth took some of the sting away.

Noya and Booth have a lot of trouble ahead, but if they can keep each other on an even keel they'll come through.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment