Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Question Everything

I kind of love this time of year. New shows are being buzzed about and my returning favorites are beginning to film their new seasons. My Tumblr dash is full of fun news and tidbits of information about the upcoming storylines. For me, it whets my appetite and makes me hungry for more. J

I'm watching The Last Ship as I type my post for the week and I sincerely hope it gets a second season. Oddly, it's one show I haven't heard anything about. Of course, my schedule blew up and I haven't had time to do my usual search for info. Here's hoping I have a little time this week to do a seek and find mission. J

Tonight's post is from, Question Everything, a novella where I get to use one of my favorite tropes, two people thrown together when they don't want to be.

Here's the tagline:

When Temple Sparrow discovers her family is part of an underground society of beings and creatures who secretly control the city, she eschews their traditions and finds her true vocation, seeking answers. Hunt Gambit doesn't trust anyone least of all Temple, but playing by the rules isn't an option and he'll use her knowledge to get what he needs and teach her to question everything.

And a preview snippet…

Temple whirled around and lifted a brow. "Is that enough or do I need to hang this guy by his feet?" She waited patiently and barely broke a sweat keeping the two hundred fifty pound man from plummeting to the ground.
Hunt hated how effective her actions proved to gain the intel they needed, but by damn, if she didn't impress the hell out of him.
Again.
He lifted his chin. "It's enough. Let him go."
Her mouth dropped open. "No way. Do I have to?" She directed her attention back to their reluctant informant. "This whole asking questions and seeking truth thing is more fun than I thought it would be."
Hunt barely kept a smile off his face. "Temple, let the man go. We know where to find him if we need more." He turned and headed for the exit, confident she'd free the Dinali underling.
Temple is having a really tough month and working with Hunt is her one respite from a crazy, mixed-up truth she has to find.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment