Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Stay the Course

Gotta say, I'm fairly easy to entertain, but I love it when the shows I watch elevate my standards. Right now, just about all my faves are hitting one hundred percent satisfaction levels. Once again, The Walking Dead blew me away. My super hero shows, Arrow, The Flash, Agents of SHIELD and Gotham are amping up the tension. My batshit insane shows, Haven, Sleepy Hollow, and Sons of Anarchy keep getting a little crazier and that keeps me glued to the television.

I also like a good mystery and got to watch Inspector Lewis last week. I usually catch up on the series when it's available on DVD, but I couldn't sleep and PBS was showing it. I've also been watching previous seasons of The Murdoch Mysteries (also known as The Artful Detective) on Ovation. Why they changed the name for US television is beyond me, but it's a great, fun Canadian show.

Tonight's post is from Stay the Course, a novella featuring a strong female character with a strong male standing behind her, backing her up.

Here's the tagline:

Nadia Iris is at a crossroads and has to choose whether to find her path to fulfillment as an adept or stay stagnant in her current position. She decides to go on a journey quest, but has to leave Falk Ridenour behind. Falk isn't happy, but supports her choice, even knowing the hardship she'll face.

And a preview snippet…

Falk drew Nadia close. "God speed." He pressed a kiss to her forehead.
She eased away. "No good hunting?" She quirked an eyebrow.
Falk shook his head. "Not this time. I have a feeling whatever you're looking for is going to find you." He squeezed her hands. "Just stay the course."
Nadia pulled him into a tight embrace. "I will. Thank you." She stepped back and grabbed her rucksack. "I wish you could come with me."
His lips curved upward. "Your journey is yours alone, Nadia. I'll be here when you return."
She cupped his face. "I will come back. I promise you."
He placed his palm over hers. "I'll see you then." He brushed his lips over her skin and released her hand.
She nodded and started toward the waiting vehicle. Falk fought the urge to call her back. He needed to let her go, to seek her answers. She'd find her purpose, but she wouldn't come home the same woman. Didn't matter. He'd love her regardless.

Short, little peek tonight, but hopefully the tone and mood come through.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment