Monday, November 17, 2014

Sunday Snippet: A Little Yule Magic

I'm truly thrilled with how much I'm enjoying the TV season this fall. Once again, Arrow and Sons of Anarchy blew me away. Gotham and Sleepy Hollow were excellent. The Walking Dead only has two more episodes before the break and I can't wait to watch.

I've had major back spasms over the last two days and Walking Dead actually made me forget how painful it is. LOL

I've also been listening to loads of music lately and putting several playlists together. Sometimes when I write, I like to have specific mood tunes playing in the background. And sometimes I need total silence, which in my house usually only occurs between midnight and four a.m. LOL

Tonight's post is from A Little Yule Magic, a sexy holiday short I'm scrambling like mad to complete for a December release. LOL

Here's the tagline:

Sygin and Boyd, adept mages, are looking forward to their winter break, being alone in the big manor for Yule is their most cherished tradition. But a series of mishaps may keep them from their celebratory festivities.

And a preview snippet…

Boyd put Ethan Frommet through his paces. "No, Ethan, you have to be alert, use all your senses." Boyd flicked his wrist and sent his pupil sprawling to the floor. "Confrontations aren't always on a physical level." He held out his hand, offering Ethan an assist up. "Sometimes a seasoned mage will use a combination of magic and brute force."
The young man waved Boyd off and rose under his own steam. "Yes, Master Lagassi." He walked off his frustration for a few moments then returned to face Boyd. "What's my weakness?"
Boyd motioned for the group to gather around. "What did Ethan forget?"
The youngest mage responded. "To use visual clues. You drew his attention by speaking and he forgot to watch your hands."
Boyd smiled. "That's correct." He rubbed just under his ribs. "But he gave me a run for my money, didn't he?" He waited a beat. "That's why you'll run into mages who start with a physical fight and finish with magic. Someone like Ethan, who's extremely fit and strong, but untested, can be taken out by an opponent twice his age and much weaker." He nodded toward the shower room. "Get cleaned up and pack your gear. That's all for today."
The guys all headed for the huge bathroom, ribbing each other about their upcoming break.
Boyd grabbed a towel from the climbing wall, wiped his face, and looked up to see Sygin standing just inside the door.
She inclined her head, making her way toward him. "Nice of you to use opponent instead of guy. They need to get used to the idea they could face a woman on the playing field or in battle." She stopped, facing him with her head tilted to one side.
Boyd's lips curved. "They'll have no choice but to get used to the notion when you start training with them after Yule break."
This one is coming together nicely and hopefully will be completed in the next two weeks. I know, down to the wire, but the sages pulled this one out at the last moment.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment