Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Sh*t Happens

May 31, 2015

Wow. School's out for summer where I'm located and I have to say now that my kids are older; we're busier in the summer sometimes than during the school year. LOL

Okay, I've forgiven Orphan Black for killing off one of my favorite characters. But as I figured, the show still blows my mind. Seriously, I'm always amazed by what I see on my screen.

Bitten turned up the crazy with this week's episode. I forgot how truly creepy the show was this past season. Alestair taking over Clay's body was something of a joy to watch though. Kudos to both actors for pulling the swap off.

Really looking forward to Defiance's return in a week or two. Watched a catch up marathon, which got me revved up for the new episodes. I have a character or two I'd be happy to see meet their end the season. LOL

And I'm almost done with mainlining Teen Wolf. I'm slowing down so I don't have long to wait for new episodes. Very excited to see how the rest of season four plays out.

Enough TV… tonight's post is from Sh*t Happens, a sexy short where my main characters work out a little conflict between them.

Here's the tagline:

Nyla White, an up and coming cage fighter, has buttloads of potential but her 'Sh*t happens' attitude prevents her from attaining the top spot. Erik Stevens, her trainer, pushes her to use her emotions to own her talent, which Nyla is hesitant to do—because she's got strong feelings for Erik.

And a preview snippet…

Erik burst through the double doors. "What. The hell. Was that horrific display?" His face couldn't reach a darker shade of red.
Nyla went too far in the cage tonight. She'd shocked everyone, including herself, with the wild, frenetic battle. But injuring her opponent meant she lost the match, something she hated. And Erik should get that fact and realize she didn't need or want him in her face right now.
She shrugged, hoping to ward off more vitriol. "Shit happens, Erik." A sad commentary on her life, but true nonetheless.
Erik went ballistic. "No, Nyla. It doesn't. And you need to come up with a better response to your bullshit stupidity." He slapped his hand on the wall. "We trained hard for this match and you totally fell apart out there. That's not just shit happening. It's a complete lack of control." He got quieter with each word spoken.
Nyla closed her eyes and heaved a sigh. "I know, Erik. I don't have an explanation. And when I can't figure out the why, I fall back on something tried and true." She met his gaze. "Shit happens."
He exhaled, long and loud. "Take tonight and tomorrow off. Be ready first thing Monday morning to review the match and work on every wrong move you made out there." Turning, he headed for the exit. "And don't even think about skipping out and holing up somewhere to lick your wounds." He glanced back over his shoulder. "I'll send a tracker out if I have to."
Nyla resisted the urge to flip him off. "I'll be in the facility bright and early Monday morning."
Erik left and Nyla let the quiet envelope her. She didn't relish sitting through an agonizing critique of her performance, or listening to Erik lose his mind over each and every mistake. But she would, mainly because he trained the best and he saw something in her, enough latent ability to reach the pinnacle at the top. She couldn't let him down and miss her chance to be a champion.

I can't wait to see what they get into on Monday. LOL



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment