Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Snippet: Justified

Ugh… we're going to hit the fifties this week, meaning my sinuses are going to go on a full scale revolt. LOL

So, I enjoyed the first two episodes of The X-Files and look forward to the remaining four. :D I could totally get behind short-term revivals of my favorite shows.

My general rundown of my weekly must-sees starts now. Skip ahead if you're not interested. The Flash turned in a great episode. Looking forward to seeing if I'm right on a few things. I do wish Harrison wouldn't turn out to be a bad guy this time around, but I have a feeling I'll be disappointed.

Arrow had a terrific show with Felicity battling her old self. I love the subtle nuances in this show sometimes and having her let go of the angry, young woman she once was and accept her current incarnation juxtaposed so well with the underlying theme of accepting her current circumstances and it did it without getting completely maudlin. I love this show!

Legends of Tomorrow amped up the repercussions of traveling through time, but still delivered on the witty banter between the characters. I do have concerns about the show devolving into gimmicky shtick when they're in a different era, but so far, I'm loving what they do.

Agent Carter… Love this show! I have so many theories and ideas of how things will play out. I really, really want Jack to get his head out of his ass and see how easily he's being manipulated. I think it's going to happen, but who knows. I love how much Peggy doesn't hesitate to call Jack on his shit. Seriously, good stuff there.

Even though Teen Wolf feels so discombobulated, I like where everything seems to be headed. I don't know, the flow is choppy and maybe that's being done on purpose, but I'm a little cranky about it. I do love having some familiar faces popping up again though.

I have a new show I've started to binge watch, X Company, a Canadian offering which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I might not rank it up there with Murdoch Mysteries, but I'm only three episodes in. LOL

And that's it for my viewing pleasure rundown this week. The Walking Dead returns soon and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Tonight's post is from Justified, a novella where my characters have some superhuman abilities. They shouldn't be together, but where's the fun in that?

Here's the mini-blurb:

Electra Cage and Nix Naught should be together. She's firmly on the side of law and order and he's on whatever side pays the most. They justify their liaison when they discover a common enemy—one they'll need their unique skill sets to destroy.

And a preview snippet…

Nix walked into the Raven's Nest and immediately caught sight of new blood. The cool blonde, sitting at the bar commanded attention. He knew her. Okay… knew of her. Electra Cage. Anyone in his line of work had a serious need to be aware of her uncanny ability to find the smallest shred of evidence to nail down cases for the DA. Her work with the civil and private sectors made her an in-demand entity.
So what the hell brought her to a dive like the Nest?
The need to find out compelled him in her direction. Signaling to Bart, the beefy man behind the bar, he ordered his usual by tapping two fingers on the oak surface. After the shit night he'd had, a double wouldn't do much to remove the knife from his back, but it might go a long way toward soothing the bite of betrayal.
Bart slid the glass in front of Nix and poured. "Rough night?" He set the bottle on the counter, next to another one already there.
Nix snorted. "Nothing I can't handle." He drank the liquor, savoring the hot trail it burned to his gut.
Electra angled her head, giving him a sideways glance.
Nix took the opportunity to open a conversation with her. "This place is a little downscale for you, isn't it?" Hell, the Raven's Nest barely qualified as a place he wanted to hang out.
But if she started parking her ass on a stool, he'd make it his number one stop on a regular basis.
Electra quirked an eyebrow. "Do I know you?" The cultured tone of her voice caught him by surprise.
He propped his butt on the stool beside her. "We haven't met, no, Ms. Cage, but I'm familiar with your work." Tapping the bar again, he ordered another shot.
She scooted around, almost facing him. "Cop or corporate?" Her finger traced the rim of her glass.
Nix's lips twitched. "Er… both. Name's Nix—"
Recognition dawned in her gaze. "Naught. The man who amounts to and leaves nothing behind." One side of her mouth curved. "You've got quite the reputation, Mr. Naught." A spark of interest lit within her blue eyes.
She had no idea his name reflected his innate ability, inherited from his mother's family, to alter his DNA, making detection damned near impossible. And he intended to make sure she didn't find out.
He boldly perused her. "As do you, hence the observation. The Nest is way below your standard." Then again, maybe not.
He only knew what he'd heard through the grapevine.
Electra smoothly downed her shot. "Really? How do you know what my standards are?" The alcohol gave her voice a smoky quality.
Nix didn't miss the fact the bartender automatically refilled her glass nor the frank appraisal in her gaze when she directed it his way. The way she looked like she could gobble him up combined with the raspy tone she used proved to be a heady cocktail better than any shot of bourbon. He wanted to taste and savor her.
Slow down, Nix. She's a dangerous woman.
He snorted. "I don't. But the lowlifes who start brawls in here might ruin the designer duds you're wearing." And wouldn't that be a shame?
Electra's eyebrow arched. "Do I look like I give a damn?" She quickly tossed back the liquid.
Nix narrowed his eyes. She actually didn't look like she cared. Bart dutifully replenished her drink again.
He propped an elbow on the bar. "No, you don't. So, what? Come to see how the rough boys live? Because you'll get your wish if you stick around another hour or so." He pitched his voice low so only she could hear.
Electra smirked and leaned forward. "The only reason I'm here is to find a dick hard enough to keep up with me tonight." Her gaze dropped to his crotch. "Think you might qualify?"
Hell, yes. He should've been shocked, but instead, she'd intrigued him. His cock responded to the rasp of her voice, becoming a hard ridge under his fly. The slow, satisfied twist of her lips kicked his blood flow into overdrive and he decided to push and see how far she'd go.
Nix grabbed her hand, guiding it to his growing erection. "You tell me." He flattened his palm over hers, making sure she got a good feel for what he had on offer.
Electra made a low, purring sound. "Mmmm. I think you'll do." She gave his dick a firm squeeze then met his gaze. "My place?" She made the breathy question sound like sex.
Jesus. He'd do her right there in the bar if she gave the go.
Nix growled. "Anywhere you want it, sweetness. I'm good to go all night." Lust oozed from every pore and he fought the urge to immediately strip her naked.
Electra smiled and drained her glass again before rising, her hand pressing against his groin. "Then follow me, hot stuff. I'm parked right outside." She sauntered to the door, glancing over her shoulder.
The promise in her eyes of seriously hot sex had him striding to catch up. When she hit her key fob to unlock the car, he crowded close to her, nuzzling her neck before she could open the door. Grabbing her shoulders, he spun her around, clamping his mouth over hers, his tongue pushing past her lips to get a steamy preview of what would come later.
She made a sexy hum, low in her throat, before she planted her hands on his chest and lightly shoved him away. "Down, boy. As much as I want that hard slab between your legs, I like a little anticipation." Reaching behind her she popped the door open and slid inside, then scooted across the seat.
The move surprised him, especially when she patted the driver's seat. Wordlessly, he slid behind the wheel and pressed the automatic starter. The engine fired up and he slid his gaze toward her. Her coat gaped open, giving him a view of her nipples straining against thin almost sheer fabric of her blouse. She didn't have a bra on and the sexy sight made his fingers itch to pinch and tweak the pebbled tips.
She put her hand on his crotch and angled in close. "I'm wet and ready for you, big guy. I'm going to keep your lovely dick all primed and ready while you drive to us to the Wentworth Towers." Her palm massaged his hard length. "Then we're going to see if you're good to go all night."
Biting back a groan, he put the car in drive, eased out into traffic, and took the shortest route possible for the Wentworth.

This one is super steamy and Electra is totally going for what she wants, even if Nix isn't normally on the side of being a lawful citizen.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment