Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Unforeseen Consequences

I'm so excited for The Last Ship season premiere tonight! I can't wait to see where my favorite sailors are and what they're doing.

I'm an episode behind on Teen Wolf, but should be caught up later tonight or tomorrow.

Got another episode or two in of Dark Matter and Killjoys. Still need to catch up on Wynonna Earp. I'm truly loving Killjoys this season. I'm totally wondering if any additional traitors will be revealed. New nerd is on my super watch list. Just saying.

Hoping to start The Defenders this week. So far, I'm reading positive reviews… not that I wouldn't watch if they all tanked the show. I like too many of the characters to not see what they're up to.

I might have to break down and watch Midnight Texas, but it'll be on Demand. I have such a negative hate on for NBC as a network… which truly sucks because they own one of my favorite channels. <sigh>

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Unforeseen Consequences, a novella based on the story prompt of writing the consequences of a lost bet. I took the premise and added a little twist, which I'm enjoying a lot.

Here's the mini-blurb:

In the School for the Extraordinarily Gifted, Stella Stubbs and Dak Satterfield hold the record for the most challenges won. As instructors, they no longer join in on the fun, but both enjoy watching their students try to break their top scores—until a dangerous element is introduced and they discover their last wager won had unforeseen consequences.

And a preview snippet…

Dak Satterfield hit just the right spot.
Stella Stubbs arched her back, letting out a long moan. "Don't stop, Dak. Don't stop." She writhed beneath him, edging closer to a shattering release.
Dak grasped her hips, using short, rapid strokes to push her over the brink. "Come for me, Stella. I'm right there with you." He withdrew almost all the way then drove deep, flexing his ass.
She gasped and shuddered, the orgasm rippling through her. Dak thrust forward again and held her flush against his groin when he came. His fingers dug into her skin, sparking aftershocks of pleasure along her nerve endings.
He collapsed, twisted to the side, and hauled her close. "Great sex is the best way to start the day." His lips ghosted over her shoulder.
Stella grinned. "Especially when we're heading into the most taxing semester of the school year." Their students would be testing their newfound magical ability.
Dak groaned. "Ugh. You had to remind me." He slid from the bed, stretching his arms over his head.
Stella admired the view. His lean body sexier than ever. After almost ten years together, she'd noticed the gradual change from handsome youth to hard-bodied man. She'd never regret sharing the progression with him.
He grabbed her hand, tugging her from the warm haven of the sheets and comforter. "Come on. Shower time." His palm cupped her ass on the way to the bathroom.
Stella laughed. "Down boy. We don't have time for round two this morning." Twisting the knob, she adjusted the temperature of the spray.
Dak stepped under the still cold water. "Then I suggest you don't make any plans for tonight. I'll be keeping you very busy." He pulled her into the stall and handed her the shower gel and made room for her under the now steamy mist.
They finished quickly and dried off before wandering back to the bedroom to dress for class.
Stella chose loose, casual pants and a flowing shirt. "You know, even though it's going to be insane, I'm really looking forward to class today." She saved some time by drying her hair with a quick incantation.
Dak paused the buttoning of his usual pair of dungarees to flash a grin. "I know. I bitch and complain, but we've got a terrific group of novices. I don't think any of them will be bowing out." A rare occurrence.
Stella put her hair on top of her head, her gaze on Dak while he shrugged into a sinfully tight t-shirt. "I agree. In fact, I'm going to stop by Phelps's office and get that on the record." Every year, the teaching staff started a pool with their predictions for the upcoming graduating class.
Dak quirked a brow. "You think he'll continue the tradition?"
Wilson Phelps, a former classmate, arrived mid-semester, taking over the role of headmaster after the previous one retired to go on sabbatical. The timing proved to be chaotic, but they'd managed to keep to their normal schedule.
Stella cocked her head to one side. "He's a former student, hell, a former classmate. Why wouldn't he hold to the status quo?" If memory served, Phelps jumped into any and all pools, wagers, and questionable activities when he attended the academy.
Dak shrugged. "He always worked angles no one else even considered. And don't forget he lost to us in the last competition. He might hold a grudge." He finished getting his shoes on and moved to stand behind her.
Stella met his gaze in the mirror. "For ten years? Over nothing more than bragging rights?" Their competitive antics didn't factor in their final grade then and didn't now.
Dak turned her to face him. "Maybe I'm overthinking things. You know I never liked Phelps. But he's our new boss and I haven't had any concerns since he took over." He caught her lips in a quick, hard kiss. "I'll get the class warmed up. See you in a few."
She nodded. "I won't be long." Especially if Wilson decided to make some sweeping changes no one expected.

Stella and Dak definitely have some fresh challenges they'll have to face and Wilson will play an interesting role in how things happen.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment