Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Choice to Make

March 11, 2018

Well… I'm coming off a bittersweet week. I got to spend my birthday with almost my entire family, which is terrific, but the reason not so much. We buried my beloved Gram on Wednesday and, being in Ohio, the weather ran the gamut from rain to snow to a sleet / hail mixture. Finally, the sun came out toward the end of the day.

Television had a good week. Legends had a great episode even if I can't quite decide if I actually like Damian's campy antics or if I really hate them. It's pretty much a toss-up.

Tuesday's shows are on my list to catch up on. The draining day left me with little to no brain power to watch television. The same goes for Riverdale on Wednesday.

I did catch Arrow and, as always, I enjoyed the episode. I rather like how they keep changing up the versions of Laurel. And having Roy back is always kick ass. I've missed him. I'm also interested in seeing how things play out with Dinah and Oliver. In all honesty, I'm a little on the fence about the Dinah character. Her thirst for vengeance isn't one I bought into, but I'll finish watching to see what happens.

I need to catch up on Gotham also. Totally forgot it returned at the beginning of the month.

Watched a little more of season five of Chicago Fire and still love the show. Looking forward to another DVD this week to see what else happens.

Started Jessica Jones this weekend and season two feels like it's going to be a wild ride. Can't wait to see what else the show has in store for me.

I'll be playing catch up on Murdoch Mysteries again, but I did see episode fifteen and thoroughly enjoyed.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Choice to Make, a novella that started as rewriting the ending to a favorite show.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Hallen and Will never get the timing right until the Fates step in and give them a chance. But each has a choice to make and cosmic irony may rear its ugly head… again.

And a preview snippet…

Will looked over the plan for seven individual settlements, trying to make sure they'd get it right.
Hallen watched the tension build in his shoulders. "Bold move. Leaving the tech behind." She entered the conference room and moved up beside him. "Worried about problems?" As if she couldn't tell.
His lips turned up. "When am I not?" The large chart disappeared into his hands as he rolled it up.
Her question had the desired effect of distracting him and she chuckled. "Good point." She eased up onto the table, taking the spot recently vacated by the settlement plans. "What tops your list?" She wanted to see his rigid posture relaxed… at least a little.
Will shoved the pages into a protective tube. "Right now? Everything is jockeying for number one." He sighed and shook his head. "Got a massive headache at the moment. So many things can go wrong."
Hallen reached out, grabbed his hand. "Look, the peace will hold. Survival trumps old rivalries." She squeezed his fingers. "I think we proved that on the way." Pulling him closer, her hands slid up to his shoulders. "And starting from scratch, learning from the past is hard, but everyone agreed this pristine, rugged wilderness needs careful study. Everyone." Her eyebrow lifted, because no one had expected a unanimous vote. "They all want to find a way to live in harmony with the planet. Balance growth with replenishment. Avoid what happened to the old world."
Will nodded. "I know you're right. That this is right." He touched his forehead to hers with a sigh.
Hallen reached up and cupped his face. "Then what? Something still has its teeth in you."
Will frowned. "We have a future to plan. I can't quite wrap my head around it."
Hallen smiled. "Damn right you do." She didn't notice her word choice, but she felt the weird vertigo vibe. The one making her feel out of step.
Will drew her close. "God, Hallen. We ran so long, fought so hard… finally being here… it's almost… anticlimactic."
She got it. And chalked up the strange, eerie feelings she'd had up to not having to look over their shoulders any more. It would take some getting used to.
Hugging him, she slid off the table. "Come on. Time to get started on that future you can't wrap your head around."
Will laughed. An honest, genuine laugh. Her heart warmed and she snagged his hand. Maybe they'd finally got their timing right.

I've got so many pieces of this one and need one long writing session to tie them all together. Fingers crossed I can make that happen in the near future.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment