Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Snippet: Fan the Flames


Week four…I think it's safe to say I'm getting in the habit now. :D

Seriously, I've read and seen that posting fresh content really helps when readers want to interact and/or check out an author they've discovered or grown to like. Thankfully, once I get into a groove, I tend to stay there.

Okay, for this week's Sunday Snippet, I'm featuring a preview from Fan the Flames. This story got a start almost twenty years ago. I know! What the hell, right? What can I say? Except I'm really glad I NEVER throw out anything I've started. LOL

In all honesty, this book needed the hook and that didn't come to me until recently. What's the hook? Lovejoy the Cupid, of course. :D He's what the story needed to mesh and gel…and get Alix and Jamie together.

Let's start with a tag line:

A modern day cupid discovers a couple with matching auras and thinks he'll have an easy time matching them up. Right...not so much. While Jamie and Alix definitely have the hots for each other, one big obstacle stands in their way: Jamie's job.

And now for the preview snippet (featuring Lovejoy)…

Lovejoy felt the zing. The one indicating two potential matches were in the same vicinity. He closed his eyes and let his instinct guide him.
Up and over the high rise office buildings of the city, through the factory district, onward, across the river and down into the charmingly quaint suburb of Reese Woods.
It had been a long while since he'd found his quarry on the outskirts of the city. This must be a special case.
Lovejoy picked a wrought iron park bench and settled down to wait. He watched the humans go about their everyday lives and wondered which two unsuspecting people he'd be zapping with his arrow.
Time would tell. He'd see the auras of the couple and know.
Pulling a bag from his coat pocket, he figured he might as well feed the birds while he passed the time.

Does anyone remember The Avengers? Not the Marvel Comics heroes, but the BBC television show? Patrick Macnee and Diana Riggs? My inspiration for Lovejoy is Steed. Not in the super spy way, but more in the uber cultured man kind of way. :D



That's it for this week. Stay tuned for more.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment