Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Halloween Haunt

Whew. Crazy-busy week. I spent much of the past seven days brainstorming a new business idea with one of my closest friends. We're close to making a decision about moving forward or not. I'll keep everyone posted.

Not a bad week for television. Got in more Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Decent episodes but I'm always thrown by Batman not being Kevin Conroy. Ah, well. That's how it goes.

Got a couple episodes of Constantine in. I'll have one more to watch to finish up the season. Also caught the first episode of Lexx. I remember the original run but didn't get to watch everything from start to finish. Looking forward to seeing the entire story.

Watched another episode of The Coroner. It fits in well with my other mystery shows. Got two episodes of Midsomer Murders and Endeavor in. I'm caught up as far as I can be with Endeavor. Have to wait for season five to become available for binge-watching.

Watched a Hallmark movie, The Art of Us. I had the pleasure of editing the wonderful book from Tule Publishing. The movie turned out really well.

Caught my military shows with one episode each. Band of Brothers and Strike Back. Also followed up with an episode of Chicago Fire.

Sense 8 had another terrific episode. I'm always blown away with the seamlessness of the cluster interactions. I can't wait to watch more of this show. Started The Dresden Files with the first episode. I enjoyed this show when it originally aired. I'm up to episode seven of Canal Road and the twisty turns keep on coming. I'm very invested in seeing how the show plays out with regards to Spencer's wife's death.

I started a classic series in black and white called Medic. There are only twelve episodes available on the app, but I'll see how the second one is before deciding to continue or not.

Finally started the second season of The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I so wish there had been more of this show. Things really jelled in season two.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Halloween Haunt, a sexy short featuring Lantern Jack.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Lantern Jack is back to right another wrong. Hadria Hardcastle is a clairvoyant medium who runs an investigation agency—she solves the unsolvable. Safford Sturgeon is a six-hundred-year-old vampire tired of his undead existence. When a trail of dead bodies leads Hadria to Safford's front door, she has to decide if he's guilty or being framed. Safford won't make her job easy, but meeting Hadria shakes him out of his lethargy and promises to make his life worth living.

And a preview snippet…

Lantrien Jacquard, also known as Lantern Jack, had righted all of his wrongs. But his efforts weren't enough to break the curse that kept him trapped and living his life as a jack-o-lantern. Nope. He had another hurdle or two to clear before he'd be allowed to live in peace.
And he didn't know if he could pull off the required tasks. He didn't like not being confident. Not one damned bit.
"I have to bring two polar opposites together. And there's no history to fall back on." With every other couple he'd brought together, there had been some kind of "in", something Jack had done that could be changed, to fix the harm he'd caused. "But this new challenge? Bringing a clairvoyant named Hadria Hardcastle together with a centuries-old vampire named Safford Sturgeon? Where do I even start on this?"
The one advantage Jack had at his disposal? Being able to see key points, places where Hadria's path might converge with Safford's. And Jack wanted to start with the gifted medium. Vampires were notoriously uncooperative and Safford had six hundred years of baggage getting in his way.
Which meant some old enemies had a few scores to settle with the cranky undead man. A score in the plus column for Jack. But Hadria would be easier to guide, her open mind susceptible to what Jack could reveal. And her passion for the truth should give him room to maneuver the duo into seeing their salvation from loneliness in each other.
He hoped.
"Now I have to test my theories and set the stage."
If he succeeded here, he'd have one more obstacle to overcome then he could seek his reward with his lady queen.

Jack is almost finished with his challenges. This story brings him one step closer to his ultimate goal.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment