Sunday, November 4, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Justified

November 4, 2018

We're entering the next to last month of the year… how did ten months already fly by? I got some scary news earlier in the week. My younger sibling had a major heart attack while at work and ended up having surgery to put stents in. He's actually doing terrific, considering it's one of the worst types of cardiac infarctions. I'm so very grateful I still have him around.

Needless to say, television viewing ended up being limited this week. The Last Ship killed off one my favorite characters and I’m still mourning that loss. Thankfully, The Flash had a pretty terrific episode and I love the introduction of meta-tech. Arrow is doing a great job of keeping me interested. I didn't know how I'd end up liking the whole prison angle, but I'm very satisfied with how it's playing out. Legends of Tomorrow remains excellent. I'm always surprised by how fast the hour flies by when I'm watching.

I caught another episode of The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I'm about halfway through the season and the end is being shaped. I truly forgot how much I loved this show. Also caught another episode of Birds of Prey. Stylistically, I love how this series plays out on the screen. Caught another episode of Lexx and completely forgot about Stan's trial. I actually enjoyed this one.

Doctor Who's episode with spiders ended up being pretty good. I'm never sure how I'll take to episodes with creepy-crawly things. Somewhat disappointed there won't be a Christmas special this year but having a New Year's show could be fun. We'll see.

Got another episode of Pensacola Wings of Gold in. Enjoyed seeing how that one played out. I'm almost finished with the first season and I'm not sure if I'll continue on because it seems like the second series has an almost entirely new cast. I'll watch a few episodes and see what happens.

Caught another Hallmark movie, Hannah's Law. Ended up being pretty decent. I watched mainly for Greyston Holt, a favorite actor of mine.

Rounded out the week with some classic television marathons. The Saint throughout the week and Burke's Law this weekend.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Justified, a novella that started a while ago with the rise in popularity of superhero shows.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Electra Cage and Nix Naught shouldn't be together. She's firmly on the side of law and order and he's on whatever side pays the most. They justify their liaison when they discover a common enemy—one they'll need their unique skill sets to destroy.

And a preview snippet…

Nix Naught exited the high-rise building, unseen and armed with a wealth of stolen information. The data breach should go undetected for at least forty-eight hours. Not that it mattered. Nix never left any trace evidence behind for security teams to track him with.
"Thank you, Mom." She'd passed on her ability to manipulate DNA at the cellular level—the only decent thing she'd ever given Nix.
Parental guidance had been nonexistent. Nix discovered how to use his freakish talent by complete accident and learned control by trial and error. But, once versed, he used his skill to every advantage.
He opened his encrypted line and forwarded the coded files to his client. "And I make buttloads of money for being a ghost." An incoming beep alerted him to the payment made.
He followed up with the key to read the information, a precaution he'd learned early on to take with some of the unsavory people he worked for. Closing the line, he made his way to his SUV and slid behind the wheel. Thirty seconds later, before he even had the vehicle in drive, a text notification pinged on his phone.
He fished it out of his pocket and opened the message. "Son of a bitch." The entire quarter million transaction had been transferred out of his account. "How? How did that asshole manage to pull that particular sleight of hand?"
Bribery? Blackmail? Didn't matter. His client screwed Nix over and he shouldn't be surprised. The guy defined double-crossing dickhead.
Nix put the SUV in drive and pulled out into traffic. He'd planned to lay low for a while and soak up some tropical weather. Now… he'd be driving cross country, headed back home to find out what happened.
He slammed his hand on the steering wheel. "Metro City, you better watch out. I aim to make some waves."
God help whoever got in his way.

I'm kind of excited to see where this one goes. The general outline is complete but the sages like to surprise me with plot twists on occasion. LOL



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment