Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Kill Switch

I hope everyone who observes Thanksgiving had a terrific one. The fam and I went to my dad's for a very low-key dinner and quality time together. It's been a few years since we've been able to do that, which is weird because he only lives two miles away from me. LOL

I can honestly say this year I'm so thankful that my family and work life is on an even keel and I some majorly great ideas popping for both my writing and a business venture I hope to pursue in the new year. My editing work keeps me busy and I get to read new books all the time. For a book nerd, there's nothing better.

Television took a back seat to some work commitments and the holiday. I caught a bunch of Classic Who episodes. I'm in season two during the Rome arc. Thoroughly enjoy watching the first doctor.

I’m almost finished with season one of Penny Dreadful. There are times when the show seems to plod along a little. I hope that smooths out with the next season.

Legends of Tomorrow had a great Thanksgiving episode. I kind of like Nate being with the time bureau. Of course a huge showdown with his dad is inevitable. Sadly. I also kind of love Ray getting a little tarnished and being so uncertain about some of his decisions. Makes him a lot more interesting.

Wow. Wynonna Earp keeps getting better. They never quite do what I expect them to do and I love it. Messy relationships playing out on screen is highly entertaining.

Got in another episode of The Dresden Files and I remember watching this one. I hope the new incarnation stays with some of the interesting details of how Harry became a wizard. Also got the last episode of Underbelly's first season. Gotta say it started out pretty slow but ended up being pretty decent.

I watched Midsomer Murders while getting caught up on folding laundry. The entire episode… so yeah, I had a crap ton of clean clothes to fold. Also got an episode of Babylon 5 in on the same day.

To round out the week, I caught episode seven of Birds of Prey on CW Seed and then followed up with The Flash's All Doll'd Up. While I like Nora, she can be a little whiny sometimes. Hope that changes soon.

And that's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Kill Switch, a novella that started with a writing community prompt of write a scene where the characters are beaten up and jealous and suddenly have a need to let that jealousy out.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Karsen Hill and Theo Gordon live in a modern world full of magic and mayhem. Torn apart by their circumstances, they still share a powerful attraction and it will take a kill switch to keep their feelings at bay. When a bar of the same name opens, the duo can't resist meeting to explore their options.

And a preview snippet…

Karsen Hill sank down over the thick length of Theo Gordon's rigid erection. "Ahhh, Theo, I never get tired of riding you." She rocked her hips, drawing him deeper inside.
Theo's eyes slid closed and he groaned. "Karse, I could die a happy man right now." His fingers gripped her thighs, digging into her muscles.
She leaned down and captured his mouth in a lingering kiss. Theo's tongue dueled with hers and his palms moved to cup her ass.
Increasing the pace, she upped the friction by grinding hard against his groin. After being together almost two years, they had unlocking pleasure down to a fine art. Tonight, she craved a hard and fast release and Theo obliged, grabbing her hips and using his thumbs to circle her clit. The motion sent tingles of awareness along her nerve endings.
The past month… had been crazy. Her work as a bounty hunter took her to some dark places infested with demons, vampires, and other dodgy preternatural creatures. The never-ending power plays between the ruling houses kept her busy.
Theo lifted his chin. "Focus on now, Karsen. You're with me, right?" His tongue flicked over her nipple then his lips trapped the bud and sucked hard.
She gasped and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. And I'm close, Theo."
His phone rang and she groaned, grabbing the offending device to check the caller ID. "It's your mom." As usual, the woman's timing sucked balls.
She'd been dragging Theo into the family drama more and more. The shifters ruled in Shadow City, setting the laws the lesser houses adhered to. Teller Stewart, Theo's grandpapa, fought hard to become the alpha laird and, to date, he ruled with just fairness.
Theo's mom, Teller's daughter… not so much.
Theo made a growling sound. "I'll call her back." He focused on her other breast.
Karsen dropped the phone and rolled her pelvic bone, grinding against Theo again. The pressure started blooming low in her spine. His hard cock throbbed deep inside her.
Her phone buzzed with her handler's notification tone. "Argh… not now." She picked up the device and read the brief text.
"Urgent. Respond ASAP"
Not now, Seamus.
Theo barked out a question. "Seamus?"
She nodded. "Says it's urgent. Everything's urgent with him." And too many times they defined the word differently.
Seamus could wait.
Dropping the phone, she planted her hands on Theo's chest. "I'm so close… I'll get him—ah, god, yes—later." She loved the way Theo hit every single sweet spot she had.
Theo brushed his thumbs over her clit and she shuddered, toppling over the edge into an orgasm that took her breath away. Theo clamped his hands on her hips and thrust upward, bucking against her before going tense and gasping her name. His release sent little shockwaves of pleasure through her, robbing her ability to stay upright. She collapsed on his chest then slowly eased sideways, spent and sated.
God, she loved him.

I'm pretty excited about this story. Finding the time to sit and write in long stretches is my biggest challenge. Someone needs to invent a way to imagine the words and have them transfer directly to the screen without typing. LOL



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment