Sunday, November 24, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Ramona for the Win


Hard to believe November is almost over. I think the whole furnace fiasco made the month seem a lot shorter than it actually was. That and my workload hasn't decreased… not that I'm complaining.

Had a somewhat slower week with television. I stuck mainly to marathons during the day. I did get some old-school Midsomer Murders watched along with several episodes of JAG.

I watched another episode of Riverdale and, man, Edgar is super creepy. Also, I still dislike Hiram with the passion of a thousand suns. I actually loved the whole shakedown of the gargoyles. The filming of that scene had me glued to the screen.

Other than that, I'm halfway through an episode of Murdoch Mysteries and really hoping they're not going to have Julia and William break up over the doctor who has the hots for her. I'd be very disappointed.

I also had a run of Classic Who episodes on Pluto TV. Nice to have that on in the background when I'm getting the dishes done or folding clothes.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Ramona for the Win, a novella set in the Academy of Light universe. It's book three of a four-book series.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Ramona and Melick finally have their personal relationship on solid ground, but the timing couldn't be worse. The academy is under attack and it falls to Ramona to save the day by infiltrating the rival's headquarters by using the downed dragon. She's confident she can get inside and stop the assaults—if Melick will get out of her way.

And a preview snippet…

Ramona flung an arm out in frustration. "You know I have to go, Melick. No one else can control that dragon." Why couldn't he support her?
Melick heaved a sigh. "I'm not suggesting you can't or shouldn't be the one to infiltrate the enemy compound. I'm trying to cover all the angles, including your ass, by pointing out the potential flaws in your plan." He gave her long, level look.
She glanced away first… because, damn, if he didn't have a point.
She always jumped directly into the fire. Okay… more like she flew headfirst after taking a flying leap and three somersaults, but someone in this place had a have a little flair.
Crossing her arms over her chest, she met his gaze again. "Your point is valid. Doesn't mean I have to like it." But she kind of loved him even more for always, always having her back.
Melick snorted. "Didn't think you would. Doesn't mean I'll back off." He planted his hands on his hips, a clear challenge for her to counter.
She didn't disappoint. "Didn't think you would." She relaxed her stance and moved forward, stopping when she reached his space. "Not that I'd ever want you to." She gave him her best flirty smile.
Melick narrowed his eyes. "What do you want, Ramona?" His gaze darkened to the sexy shade she loved.
Ramona trailed a finger from his sternum to his waistband. "If I have to explain, you're hopeless." She raised her eyebrows and tilted her head to one side.
Melick moved quickly, grabbing her hips to pull her flush against him. "You don't have to explain… but you do have to ask nicely." His hands cupped her ass and he pressed his hard length against her.
Ramona suppressed a shudder, loving the raspy sound of his voice. "Melick, can we please get very naked and have scorching hot sex?" Her hips grinded against his groin. "Right now."
Melick's lips curved in a wolfish smile. "Oh, absolutely." He scooped her up and slanted his mouth over hers then marched her into the bedroom.
Sometimes nothing else mattered but the moment at hand. And, right now, everything else faded but Melick's body covering hers.

Ramona and Melick are so much fun to write. This is their third planned story and I love diving into an established relationship to see how the characters react after they've been together for a while.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment