Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Lost in Translation (Crystal Shard Brotherhood)

Well, I think I get my vaccine this week. I'm actually rather excited they made it to my age range. I'll look forward to being able to be out and about more than I currently am.

Had a slower work week, which ended up being nice to get caught up on some writing and start some new projects that have been waiting in the wings. Also caught some television.

Ended up watching two arcs of Classic Who. I am in season fourteen and but I'm not halfway as I originally thought.

Caught two episodes of No Offence. I'm almost finished with the first season and it's getting really good. I'm thoroughly enjoying this show.

Watched the first part of Silent Witness and started the second. It's actually kind of a creepy episode.

Caught another episode of Peak Practice, which ended up being really good. I'm near the end of the second season and almost ready to start the third.

Started a new episode of Blue Heelers and it continues a bit from the previous episode. It's getting a little more into the personal lives of the characters.

Also watched several episodes of The Muppet Show. I'm having some seriously fun childhood flashbacks.

And that's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Lost in Translation, a Crystal Shard Brotherhood novella.

Here's the mini-blurb:

A body dumped outside a fortress. A scroll located in twelve different locations. A trap sprung. But the brethren are too smart to take the bait. Jackson Alexander and Jacey Durham have to turn the tables on the nemesis trying to dismantle the Crystal Shard Brotherhood.

And a preview snippet…

The scary look on Jacks's face didn't deter Jacey from trying to remember what happened.

She thought back, the twinge of pain less intense this time. "I got a phone call." She left out the encoded part for now, better to hold the information back until she knew more about Jacks. "Left to meet the driver."

She had a memory of walking to the lift, going down in the empty tram, and heading through the lobby of her building.

The bump on her head started to throb, but she continued. "I was early so I waited by the doors." Things got a little fuzzier after that. "The car pulled along the curb so I exited and went out to meet it." She frowned. "The driver usually gets out and opens the door, but he didn't this time." Why hadn't he? She wished the details weren't so murky in her head.

Jack showed an interest in that statement. "That the first time that's happened?"

Jacey shook her head. "No. But it's not common." Her hand rubbed absently along the bruised area on her head.

Jacks noticed. "You okay? We can stop if you need to."

He clearly didn't want to. Curiosity warred with concern on his face. With a dash of wariness.

Jacey shrugged off the fatigue. "No. I'm fine. But there's not much more I can tell you." She pushed her limits. "The door popped open from the inside and I entered…" Jacey frowned again. She got a little more—a flash of a face—but nothing clear. The visage got shoved aside by the memory of a stinging pinch on her arm.

Her eyes widened and her hand went to the spot on her bicep. "I was injected with something." But what?

Her eyes flew to Jacks. "I think I was drugged." Buy why? She didn't have a clue who would want to do something like that. Or why they'd want to then beat her and dump her outside the keep.

Her head ached and now her arm throbbed.

I'm excited about moving ahead on this series. I don't have all the books plotted out but I do have some good beats jotted down so I at least know where things are going.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment