Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sunday Snippet: Xtremely Personal

And our above normal temperatures are over for now. Most of the week ended up being kind of hot and humid. Friday brought some rain and cooler weather, like a twenty-degree drop. It definitely feels more like fall.

Busy with work projects and I'm getting closer to launching the new venture I've been working on. I'm not quite ready for prime time but I'm getting there. So excited!

Kind of a slow week for viewing television. I had some distractions and ended up being focused on other things.

I caught another episode of Agatha Raisin and thoroughly enjoyed it. Agatha might end up getting her man, but my big question is whether she'll want to hold on after she gets him. I kind of like the true to life vibe this show has.

Finished up the second part of Silent Witness and actually kind of enjoyed the twisty turns this one took. Also enjoyed seeing Nikki and Matt try to work through a bumpy bit.

Caught another episode of Death in Paradise. I'm somewhere in the middle of whether I like how the commissioner tries to nose in these early seasons. I love the character and I like how he interacts with the others even if I'm not completely sure if he's 100 percent legit sometimes.

Watched another episode of Only Murders in the Building. Lots of little shout outs to Broadway in this episode and I liked that. Also loved seeing Oliver's son so concerned about his dad. Kind of bummed there's a new detective, but holding out hope we'll see our favorite one later.

Started season three of my Battlestar Galactica rewatch. The opening episode ranks right up there with "33" for being so well done. The next episode is also stellar. Can't wait to watch it again.

Enjoyed an episode of The Batman. The Joker returned and wreaked havoc per usual, which is always fun. And Alfred's snark was on point as always.

Watched an episode of Classic Rugrats. Kind of fun to see some bumps in adjusting to having Dil in the mix. I'll always have a soft spot for the first five seasons because those were the ones I watched the most with my oldest kiddo, but I also enjoy the newer seasons because they have a larger dynamic, especially when two more characters are added to the mix.

Started another episode of VIP and should finish it up later today. I forgot how many dream sequences this show had whether it be sleeping or waking ones. They're always kind of odd but fun.

That's pretty it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Xtremely Personal, the second book in the Xtreme Justice trilogy.

Here's the miniblurb:

A blast from Cythe's past comes blowing in at the worst possible time. Nyx struggles to adjust to being part of a team and half of a couple and dealing with Cythe's ex isn't high on her list of things she wants to accomplish. The duo has to thwart the ex-girlfriend's troublemaking, and both have to brace for a showdown of epic proportions.

And a preview snippet…

Nyx didn't need to buy a clue to instinctively know Cythe's past stood in front of him.

And he's not happy about it.

A myriad of emotions rolled through Nyx—concern, curiosity, and annoyance. But oddly, jealousy didn't rear its ugly head. Mainly because Nyx planned to calmly stake her claim and leave no doubt in the other woman's mind where Cythe's affections were now.

She strolled down the stairs and walked over to Cythe's side, tilting her chin up to give him a long, lingering kiss.

Breaking the embrace, she gave him a crooked smile. "Hey." Her arm went around his waist.

Cythe cupped her ass. "Hey, yourself." His voice rumbled in the sexy way she loved.

Nyx directed her attention to the woman intruding on her plans. "This is the ex?" A cool vision in a skintight pantsuit that aimed to be seductive complete with a zipper from the neck down to the apex of her legs.

Would make removal slick and easy.

Cythe nodded. "Uh-huh. Maris Thompkins. And she's just leaving." His head jerked toward the door.

Nyx tsked. "Not yet, Cythe. She hasn't given you an answer." Nyx fixed her gaze on Maris. "I believe he asked why you came back after years of being away and what, exactly, it is you really want." She gave Cythe a sideways glance. "Is that about the gist of it?"

When he nodded, Nyx raised her brows and focused on Maris again.

Maris's nostrils flared but she didn't reply. Her eyes darkened with anger, and she pressed her lips together in a display of frustration.

Nyx placed her head on Cythe's shoulder but didn't break eye contact with Maris. "We're waiting. I suggest you get on with the explanation in short order." She straightened. "As you can see, we have plans and you're not invited to participate."

Maris snarled. "Never mind why I'm here. I obviously didn't know Cythe had a little playmate." She turned her full attention to Cythe. "You'll regret this. I had plans for our future and you've fucked that up now." She started toward the door.

Nyx waited until Maris had her hand on the knob. "Maris?" When the other woman paused and glanced over her shoulder, Nyx finished. "I'm not a playmate. Cythe and I are partners. You'd do well to remember that."

Maris let out a rude snort and yanked the door open, letting it slam shut behind her.

Nyx turned back to Cythe and raised her gaze to the loft. "My place?"

Cythe grunted. "Absolutely. Gonna be a while before the stench of her return wears off down here." He snagged her hand and started for the spiral staircase.

I have so much love for this couple. They're fun to write and like to turn convention on its side. Can't wait to see where the rest of this story goes.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment