Sunday, October 29, 2023

Sunday Snippet: Zinging Barbs (Paranormal Bonus Scene)

We had another week of record high temperatures, which means we'll be having brisk, chilly weather this week. Time for more soup! Trick or treat is actually on Halloween this year and we're supposed to have rain and wind. Should make handing candy out lots of fun.

Had another busy work week and also got a good bit of writing done. I'm very close to being ready to launch my new venture. I think everything is lined up.

Had a decent week watching television. I'm still in that weird place of needing silence to focus sometimes, which is truly odd for me. I usually need some kind of background noise going on.

Ended up catching two episodes of My Life Is Murder and enjoyed both. Alexa is growing on me a little more. I'm very interested in getting some additional backstory for her.

Watched a full episode of Agatha Raisin and started another one. I'm kind of crushed they're going to drag out the whole deal with James. I kind of love them together.

Caught the second half of the Silent Witness two-parter. Ended up liking the twists in this one.

Enjoyed an episode of Death in Paradise. I remembered this one from my sporadic watching on the Ovation channel. So weird that this episode timed so closely to Haydn's death. She guest-starred in this episode.

Watched another episode of Only Murders in the Building. Seriously enjoyed this one. But I do miss having the trio solving the mystery together.

Caught an episode of The Batman. It was the first of a two-parter and introduced the origin of Clayface in this version.

Enjoyed another episode of Classic Rugrats. I remembered one of them but not the other. Kind of nice to be surprised.

Watched another episode of VIP and enjoyed it. It's fun when the whole team goes out for job.

And that's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Zinging Barbs, a bonus read featuring the couple from The Blushing Brawler.

Here's the miniblurb:

Yardley Holmes has a habit for using zinging barbs to motivate Cale Scarsdale, which makes them late for an awards ceremony because Cale has a talent for shutting Yardley up by getting her hot and bothered.

And a preview snippet…

Yardley Holmes poked her head into the bedroom she shared with Cale Scarsdale. "Come on, Ruralsville. We gotta get going." She'd finished getting ready twenty minutes ago.

Clad only in a towel, Cale glanced up from swiping through the closet. "Yeah, I know. Can't find the black shirt I need." He went back to moving hangers.

Yardley rolled her eyes. "So wear a red one. Geez, it's not that hard." Her lips quirked because Cale usually gave her shit for being indecisive.

Not tonight. She'd had the perfect outfit for the award ceremony giving Cale top honors on the circuit. She'd picked it up a month after they got together. A silky wine-colored wrap dress that showed off her cleavage and toned legs. That's how confident I was in him taking the crown.

Cale frowned. "I'm not wearing competitor team colors." He finally snagged the black shirt and tossed it on the bed.

Yardley snorted. "No one cares. Wait, what are you looking for now?" He'd gone back to the closet and started rifling through more clothes.

Cale gave her a sideways glance. "Gotta find a tie. Can't look fresh off the farm, can I?" He went back to his search.

Yardley winced. "Seriously? You're gonna use my words against me?" Not that she didn't deserve the barb.

Cale rolled a broad shoulder. "You weren't wrong. Had a lot to learn, didn't I?" He found a silvery gray tie and laid it on the shirt.

Yardley didn't comment. She'd been ruthless when Cale first arrived in her father's gym. She didn't think anyone from Ruralsville could get up to speed on the circuit in a limited amount of time … even if they did have a hard body that made women swoon.

Including her.

But Cale proved her so very wrong.

And the delicious memories got her hot and bothered in the worst way, and they did not have time to indulge her neediness at the moment.

She tsked. "Please tell me you're not going to coordinate your sock and underwear colors? We gotta get going." Before she jumped him and made them really late.

Cale arched a brow. "Didn't plan on wearing underwear, but I probably have some black ones around her somewhere." He moved toward the dresser.

Yardley marched around the bed. "Don't you dare. We're gonna be cutting it close already." She grabbed his forearm to halt his progress.

Cale turned and clasped his hand around her throat, lifting her up against the wall. "Uh-huh, maybe it's worth being late, because I have you right where I want you." He used his free hand and had her breasts out and panties down before she could think straight.

Moisture pooled between her thighs and heat gathered low in her belly. "Damn, Cale. We're not really going to do this, are we?" Her words came out in breathy rasps.

He gave her a wolfish grin. "We're not, but I am." His head dipped and his lips closed around a taut nipple.

This is such a fun little glimpse into Cale and Yardley's life. I love writing tiny peeks into my characters' lives.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment