Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Zip Cuffs

I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a wonderful one. Ours was low key, exactly the way I like it.

Somewhat of a short week for television. I did enjoy The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Getting some insight into Mick's world made me happy. The big crossover is coming up on Monday and I'm kind of excited to see it.

Arrow's Thanksgiving episode turned out to be excellent. Love having Thea back and hopefully back in true Thea form.

As usual, I'm behind on a few of my binge watch shows but I'm addicted to the Hallmark Channels' holiday movies. I really love having something going pretty much 24 / 7.

Looking forward to the return of Riverdale next week.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Zip Cuffs, a novella that got a start with a writing community prompt of writing a crime drama with handcuffs.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Thrayce Stratton finally has the man she wants, Dino Singer, but when all evidence points to him as the culprit behind several gruesome fae murders, she'll absolutely do her job as an enforcer—including using zip cuffs to get what she needs from Dino.

And a preview snippet…

When the door of Mourning Glory's burst open, Thrayce Stratton angled her head around to see who entered. "As I live and breathe, Dino Singer." She signaled the bartender for another shot.
She'd need it to stay steady. Her former partner left her behind when he received the nomination to become a fae elder almost six months ago. He hadn't looked back since. Going from enforcer to the upper echelon sealed their fate.
They'd never be able to pursue the spark they set off when they'd worked together.
Dino made his way directly toward her, his face impassive and unreadable. Whatever. Shouldn't take her too long to discover why he'd decided to slum it for the evening.
When he parked his ass on the stool next to hers, she gave him a snarky greeting. "It's only been a month. Missing the lesser life already?" She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of looking at him.
Dino propped his forearms on the bar. "No. I'm tired of being told what's appropriate now that I'm an elder." He flagged the bartender and ordered a drink. "Since I am an elder, I should be able to do what I want."
Thrayce lifted a brow. "You make a great point." She downed her shot. "And I'm guessing you have a huge desire to slum it with the underfae? Why else would you be here?" She finally slid him a sideways glance.
He met her gaze, holding it for several long moments before he answered. "No. I came here to find you." Draining his glass, he tapped the bar for another.
Thrayce widened her gaze. "Did you maybe get hexed by someone?" Seeking her out would garner attention he didn't need.
Dino's lips quirked. "No, I didn't." He sobered. "I finally achieved a life goal, but what good is attaining something if I've got no one to share it with?" Again, he held her gaze, making his meaning clear.
Well, a slap in the face wouldn't have shocked her more.
She tilted her head to one side. "Why me? You pretty much have your pick of any fae out there." Disbelief warred with a strong desire to push hard to see how far he'd take this crazy idea. "I mean, you're young, incredibly good-looking, and hold a position of power. I'm pretty sure any number of hot, sexy females are dripping with anticipation." Not to mention swimming in lust and possibly dying to get a leg up in the fae hierarchy.
Dino leaned in close. "The only woman I want wet and tingly is you." His voice rumbled against her ear.
Holy shit.
Thrayce shuddered. "Jesus. I can't believe you just said—you did just speak, right? I didn't imagine it?" Honestly, maybe she'd been hexed.
Dino's lips curved in a half-smile. "I did. And no, you didn't." He trailed a finger over her hand.
She blinked. "Why?" Did she really care?
His brow quirked and he opened his mouth, probably to repeat what he'd already said.
Thrayce shook her head. "Sorry, wrong question. When?" She met his gaze and held it.
He extended his hand. "What's wrong with now?" An eyebrow shot up.
What's wrong with now? Aside from dead fae piling up all over the city and the fact elders didn't mingle—or have sex with—enforcers, not a damn thing. Her brain's inability to wrap around the reasons warred with her libido and a potent desire to finally achieve one of her life goals.
Her sex drive won, hands down.
Reaching out, she grasped his fingers. "Let's go."

I'm kind of excited about where this story is going. Can't wait to dive back in and see what happens next.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment