Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday Snippet: Xtremely Personal (Xtreme Justice)

Well, November is here. Gotta say, I hope it doesn't pass as slowly as September but not as fast as October. I'll look forward to a month that actually feels like a month again. Who knows when that'll happen?

Busy week with work projects. I didn't get a lot of new television watched. I mainly caught a few of the holiday movies on Hallmark and Lifetime and watched a lot of Ovation.

I did catch an episode of Blue Heelers. Also started a new one. The new guy in season two is still kind of annoying me. Here's hoping he settles down soon.

I also watched several episodes of Silent Witness. Finished up season five and started on six.

I also got to do early voting. My daughter and I went on Thursday and, thankfully, didn't have a long wait. One of the benefits to living in a rural area. I'll be happy when the election is over. It's been an exhausting ride this year.

Tonight's post is from Xtremely Personal, a novella in the Xtreme Justice series.

Here's the mini-blurb:

A blast from Cythe's past comes blowing in at the worst possible time. Nyx struggles to adjust being part of a team and half of a couple and dealing with Cythe's ex isn't high on her list of things she wants to accomplish. The duo has to thwart the ex-girlfriend's troublemaking and both have to brace for a showdown of epic proportions.

And a preview snippet…

Cythe Baldetto entered his loft ready to head up to the studio apartment where Nyx Boit resided. He'd just received terrific news and couldn't wait to share it with her. Thank you, Stanja.

"Hello, Cythe."

The voice stopped him cold. No … it couldn't be. He slowly turned, his gut dropping to his toes.

"What do you want, Maris?"

Maris Thompkins—his ex—had draped herself over his bed in what she probably assumed to be a seductive pose. Completely lost on him, he wanted the woman in the studio upstairs. Her timing reeked … and smacked of something nefarious. Why did she come back now?

She shrugged. "The same thing I always want, Cythe. You." Moving to a sitting position, she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

Cythe shook his head. "We've been down this road before. I'm not available." And he never would be.

She rose to her feet and sauntered toward him. "Ahhh … but you could be. Once upon a time you were as hot for me as I am for you." Making a slow circle around him, she put one hand on his chest and made another half-circle, wrapping herself around his back. "You know I'm a slave to the lust I feel for you. I'll do anything you want." Her voice buzzed along his ear, raspy and husky.

At one time, the smoky quality set flame to him … now it left him cold.

He disengaged from her. "Don't want a slave. Never did." Turning to face her, he crossed his arms over his chest. "Once upon a time, I wanted a future with you. You chose to walk away." And I almost died. "I'm not looking for a repeat performance if you suddenly change your mind and decide to cut and run."

She pouted. "You don't think I learned from my biggest mistake." Her gaze rose to meet his. "But I have. I want another shot, Cythe. I can't resist the pull anymore. I have to be with you." She added a desperate tone to her plea and started toward him.

Cythe held up a hand and backed away. "There is no pull unless you're in close proximity, which you haven't been for years. So, why now and, again, what do you want?"

A throat cleared. "I'd love to hear the answer to his questions, too."

At the bottom of the spiral staircase he'd installed to the studio apartment, Nyx stood, wearing only a short kimono—pretty much leaving no doubt as to the role she played in his life.

Shit's about to get real interesting.

I'm having so much fun with this series. I love Cythe and Nyx and figuring out where they're going in their work and personal lives.

That's it for this week.


 

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment