Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sunday Snippet: A Noble Kidnapping

The first week of February is pretty much in the books and didn't start off too badly. I ended up with several new projects in my inbox and that never fails to make me happy.

Had a very good week of watching television. Considering we got hammered with a bunch of snow and ice, I'm glad I had power to keep the lights and television on.

I watched a little more of PassionFlix's Seduction and Snacks. Holy crap, the awkwardness is off-the-charts terrific. Kudos to the actors for nailing that down with skill and talent.

I finished up an arc of Classic Who and started a new one. The daleks feature in the current one and Davros. Jury is out on whether I'll like it or not.

Caught two episodes of The Alaska Triangle. Finished the first season and started the second. The Alaska Bigfoot episode ended up being more interesting than I thought it would be and the Dark Pyramid episode completely sucked me in. So many weird and unexplained or completely covered-up bits to unpack and explore.

Watched two episodes of The Muppets. The show is growing on me a little. I'm enjoying having the core group in different surroundings.

Started Harrow on the recommendation of my brother and enjoyed the first two episodes. I'm so curious about the overarching mystery and can't wait to find out more.

Enjoyed two episodes of Peak Practice. Season seven is moving right along and has a bit of a different feel to it. So far, I like it.

Finished up Bill Nye's MasterClass and started a new design class with Es Devlin. I think I'll enjoy her instruction and hopefully get some cool ideas.

Caught the two-part The Witcher: Bestiary shorts from season one. Kind of nice to get names and a bit of the lore behind the monsters.

Watched one of my very favorite episodes of Classic Rugrats with "The Santa Experience." My oldest and I used to watch this holiday episode a lot.

Enjoyed two more episodes of Chicago Med. I'm on the fence with whether or not I like Will and Natalie together. Sometimes I think they're perfect for each other and sometimes I think they're terrible together. I like that I can't decide which way to go on this one.

Caught two more episodes of Snoopy in Space. These are so much fun and I love having the human peanuts as the technical crew for Snoopy and Woodstock.

Enjoyed another episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries. I'm almost finished with the last available season and I really, really hope there will be more.

Watched another two-part Silent Witness and finished out season fifteen. Based on what I read of the episode teasers, sixteen looks like it's Harry-free. I'm a little bummed but also diving into new stuff I haven't seen.

Loved the latest Star Trek: Discovery episode. This show is so good right now. Makes me excited for season two of Picard and the new show that debuts later this year.

Last but not least, I caught another episode of Queens of Mystery. I'm a little bummed about the lack of communication with Daniel and Matilda but slow burns can also be fun. I love the background mystery of Matilda seeking information about her mom's disappearance. Can't wait to find out more about that.

That's it for the weekly television update. Tonight's post is from A Noble Kidnapping, a novella that pits the leader of an underground rebellion against her childhood friend that inherited a noble title.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Jaina Wraith discovers Seb Morrison is a member of the nobility and she kidnaps him, fully intent on having him executed. When Seb reminds her how many times he's come to her aid, she has to decide whether to help him escape or leave him to a tragic fate.

And a preview snippet…

Seb's lips curved at her adamant statement. Her fear and uncertainty held her back—not that he didn't get the reason why. He'd let things stay stagnant far too long. Time to push for more.

He gently took her hand and led her to the bed. "Jaina, we had a connection but it's not the reason for my actions." He paused, waiting until she met his gaze then plunged ahead. "I love you. I have since the day on the docks after breaking up that scuffle between you and the lowlife Dav and Rash." Why the universe hadn't ended them, he'd never understand.

She blinked then focused. "How and why? Even then I was beneath you." Disbelief filled her voice.

Anger nipped at him. "Do you hear yourself? You've never been beneath me." He ran a hand through his hair. "Why fight the system if you don't believe you're worthy?" How could she not wrap her head around such a simple concept?

The dawn of understanding lit behind her eyes.

He laughed. "Finally. She gets it."

The wheels started turning, excitement vibrated between them. Her hands fluttered, her fingers clenching then releasing. She paced along the edge of the bed then stopped and faced him.

She shook her head. "I've been so stupid … you're the answer to turning the tide." Her eyes closed. "You've always been the answer."

Seb grinned. "We've got some plans to make." Finally being on the same page lifted a weight off his shoulders.

Jaina nodded. "We do, yes, but not tonight." She loosened her sash and dropped her robe. "Tonight … we take for ourselves." She moved forward, a vision of sultry desire, and nudged him back to sit on the mattress.

Then she straddled his lap. Seb's mouth watered, anticipating the taste of her succulent skin. Her mouth curved in a sexy grin.

Reaching out, Jaina pushed his robe from his shoulders. "Starting now."

I love this story so much. Reunion romance is one of my favorite tropes.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment