Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Red-Eyed Monster

Happy Almost Halloween! Gotta say it's been a week. Several work projects hit at once—which I'm not complaining about—and a couple of disasters decided to show up on my doorstep. It's been a low-bandwidth week for me.

I didn't get a lot of viewing time in, mainly due to the work projects and the distractions from the washing machine going kaput, a trip to the ED for one of my grown kiddos, and having another one out of town and calling to check in several times.

I did get a few things watched. Finished up the Umbrella Academy and, wow, didn't quite expect how things went down. Looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Caught some Classic Rugrats with the Thanksgiving episode. I'd actually forgotten about this one and I'm glad I got to watch it again. I might have to set up a bit of countdown and try to catch all the holiday episodes between now and the solstice.

Watched another Batman: The Animated Series. It's always fun when they have Alfred step out of his comfort zone and this episode definitely makes him stray. That's two in a row and I'm here for it.

Enjoyed an episode of Ted Lasso. I love Roy and Keeley so much. Nate is getting a wee bit annoying. Jamie is … I'm not sure. If he doesn't act like a raging ass, I might be able to stomach seeing him. LOL

Caught another episode of Suspects and loved how it all came together. Some really interesting bits popped and I love the pacing. Great show.

I started another episode of Endeavor but I'll have to finish it when I have higher brain capacity. It has a focus on the space race and I love that.

Watched the second part of Silent Witness and whew, this one ended up being very twisty. Kind of bummed about how it ended but not surprised.

Enjoyed another Classic Who episode. I like the setting for this arc and look forward to the next episode.

Sci Fi Science looked into how to blow up a planet. Had a lot of fun watching this episode. I love so much that fans are featured in each episode.

Started the next episode of Ms. Marvel and love it so far. I'm hoping to finish it up in the near future.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Red-Eyed Monster, a twisty retelling of Hansel and Gretyl.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Psyche Hood and Errol Winkham are best friends, growing up together in the enchanted realm. A sinister darkness and red-eyed metal monster is moving in and Psyche drags Errol out to pick up the trail, little knowing she's playing right into the evil wizard's plan. He wants the red-eyed monster to rain fire down on Errol so Psyche will be alone and his for the taking.

And a preview snippet…

Marcus paced the confines of his bungalow. "Where the hell is she?" Pissed off, he directed his beast to skirt the outer edge of the village while he reached out with his mind to find Psyche.

His blood ran hot when he discovered her location. "Bah! She's with the boy toy again." His hatred of Errol deepened another level. "Probably his idea to take the night off." No doubt to slake his lust with the woman Marcus considered his.

He sneered. "She should've been mine." He'd come very close to binding her to with the dark arts.

He almost succeeded. Her belief in the importance of knowing what dark magick could do led her to a logical conclusion that one should experience the outcome of its use. He'd been happy to guide her in her first forays into wielding the dark power.

But her stupid father put a stop to her visits to Marcus. Then Padrick had him black-balled into exile. But Marcus would have retribution … by seducing Psyche and getting her to succumb to the black arts. She'd belong to him and rule the enchanted forest by his side.

His lips curved upward. "I sense the dark pull in her and I'll bring her over to my way of thinking." She'd become the dark mistress to his dark master. "But first I have to get her away from her constant shadow." But how?

Guiding the beast back to its lair, Marcus decided to leave some signs on its next outing. "Yes, that will do nicely." He'd arrange to drop clues that would lead Psyche and Errol right to Marcus's doorstep.

A laugh rumbled out of his throat. "And directly into a trap for each of them." He settled behind his desk to begin the plot to lure his prey into the snare.

Which would move him one step closer to having Psyche right where he wanted her.

Marcus might get what he wants but holding on to it will be his challenge.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment