Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sunday Snippet: Stay the Course (Warlock's Curse book one)

Another week in the books and it ended up not being terrible. Had several errands that needed to be handled and got through those without issue for the most part. I always appreciate being able to check things off the list.

We had very mild weather for July. Our high was in the low seventies a couple of days and that's unusual. But it makes doing my great clear out easier and more comfortable.

Work is staying steady and I'm getting through several projects, which makes me happy. I have one that keeps popping back and that can be frustrating. The good news is the reason it keeps coming back isn't due to anything I've done. It's all author related requests.

Had a fairly decent viewing week. I made it through my usual list of shows and had another Death in Paradise binge watch of previous seasons.

Started the week with the new to me series Marple. I've seen a previous version of Miss Marple and it's kind of fun to see how the episodes change with new incarnations.

Also started the docuseries Ireland Coast and Country. I'm on an emerald isle kick at the moment because I truly enjoyed the series about Ireland's castles. The first episode makes me want to visit the country at some point.

Watched another episode of the current season of Death in Paradise. I'm enjoying the dynamic between Mervin and Naomi. Also really happy the fallout of Mervin's kidnapping is being explored. Really not sure what to make of the niece showing up. We'll see if that ends up being a good thing.

Caught another episode of Poirot and finished off season ten. Have to admit this one had more than one mystery twisting through it and I enjoyed that. Looking forward to seeing what season eleven has in store.

Elementary entertained again. The case ended up being very twisty. And the appearance of Shinwell made me kind of happy … even though it might not have ended well.

Enjoyed an episode of Young Justice. I'm kind of interested in where things are going to go with the whole the Light thing. Exciting developments between Connor and Magan though.

Also watched another episode of Star Trek Lower Decks. Very cool to see the original four on an away mission. Also loved how they addressed the different dynamic since they've all been bumped up in rank.

That's it for the life update. Tonight's post is from Stay the Course, the first book in the Warlock's Curse series.

Here's the miniblurb:

Nadia Iris is at a crossroads and has to choose whether to find her path to fulfillment as an adept or stay stagnant in her current position. She decides to go on a journey quest but has to leave Falk Ridenour behind. Falk isn't happy, but supports her choice, even knowing the hardship she'll face.

And a preview snippet…

Falk barely got a breath in before literally being transported back to the moment of Nadia's conception.
He fought the pull. "Something's off. It's not right." His usual brief glimpse spun out, and he couldn't seem to look away. "I'm trapped."
But lingering made one thing clear. "Warlock magick. And it's strong." So intense, Falk felt like a voyeur.
Nadia's mother and the man in the picture were in coitus. The intimate dance has an unearthly cast over it. A powerfully strong energy emanated from the bed.
The man pumped his hips. "I own you, Miranda. You're mine. Mine, forever." Every thrust became a mantra.
Is he spell-weaving? During sex? Bile rose in Falk's throat at the vile action. The magick made his skin crawl and made him feel almost physically ill.
And … he couldn't get away. Panic coursed through his veins because he couldn't escape the vision—something he'd never experienced before. Instead of a quick peek, the door hung wide open, but Falk couldn't exit the way he came in. His vision swam and dizzying waves crashed over his mind.
"Falk! What's happening. What's going on? Falk? Falk!"
He finally heard Nadia shouting his name and sought her magick pull. A tiny tendril curled in a corner of his brain. He reached for the shimmering thread and crashed back to the present, his mind spinning and his gut roiling.
Disoriented, he slapped a hand over his mouth and dashed for the bathroom to expel his stomach contents. His head hung low, the woozy sensation receding but not gone. A cool washcloth appeared at his side. He took the fabric and wiped his face then got up and rinsed his mouth in the sink.
When the room finally stopped spinning, he glanced in the mirror, Nadia's concerned gaze reflected behind him. Pieces fell into place and his heart kicked hard against his ribs. Nadia's very existence shouldn't be possible. But while the freakish vision answered some questions, it also spawned a great many more.
Gripping the sides of the sink, he dragged in a deep breath then turned to face her. "I know why you can't control your magick." And he hated what he had to tell her.

I'm very excited about this series. Nadia won't be happy with the news Falk has to deliver but big things will happen after he breaks the information.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheer!

Skye 

No comments:

Post a Comment