Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sunday Snippet: X Plus Y

Well, it's been a wild and bumpy week. My husband ended up with the flu in the middle of a pandemic. Not a lot of fun for him. The rest of us are trying to take any and all precautions so we don't end up with it also. Bleh.

Finished up a work project and had a little downtime before my next one begins. I'm actually kind of thrilled to have a bit of a break. I normally work every day of the week and having a couple of days off is lovely.

A so-so week of television. I finished up season four of Silent Witness and started on season five.

I also caught another arc of Classic Who. I'm on the second season of Four's tenure. Finishing out the "Terror of the Zygons."

Other than that, I mainly caught some Mystery Alley marathons on Ovation. I needed some background noise while I did a ton of shredding.

Other than that, I'm hoping to finish up Picard this week and maybe get back to Riverdale and Roswell, New Mexico.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from X Plus Y, a novella that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Vail Gault and Wolf Vermassey have a wicked, powerful attraction for each other. Too bad their clans are brutal rivals in the underground world of meta-human politics. Pitted against each other, they can never be more than opponents in a cage match who happen to have sex that makes their sparring matches look like cakewalks.

And a preview snippet…

Vail opened her door to find Mort Camen standing outside. "What do you want, Camen?" She really didn't have the stomach to deal with a stalker.

Mort shoved a stack of photos at her. "I want you on your knees if you want me to keep quiet about this." He grabbed his crotch, making it clear why he wanted her on her knees.

Vail dumped the pictures in the trashcan. "I don't think so, Camen. As you can see, I've got all the cock I can handle. I don't need another one." As if she'd ever get within five feet of his naked body.

Mort sneered. "Come on, bitch. You give it up for Wolf and Wolf is okay with sharing. It's the Vermassey way." He tried to push his way inside her house.

Vail blocked him and snarled. "Good for him. I'm not okay with assholes sniffing around when they're not welcome. I don't give a shit who gave you permission. Members of the House of Aronson do nothing they choose not to." She smashed her fist in his face, sending him sprawling backward.

The very idea that Wolf condoned this crap sent her rage meter into the red zone. Stomping over to Mort, she jabbed her booted toe into his ribs then grabbed him by the hair and dragged him to her car. Jamming her knee into his kidney, she yanked the door open and shoved him into the backseat.

Mort howled when she slammed it closed, crunching his knee in the process. "Damn you. What the hell? You have no right trying to kick my ass. Where do you think you're taking me?"

Sliding behind the wheel, she answered his questions in order. "What the hell did you expect? I didn't try to kick your ass, I did kick it." She glanced in the rearview mirror and grinned when she spotted the blood dripping from his nose. "As for where we're going, you'll find out in less than ten minutes." She floored the car and drove straight to Wolf's place.

Dragging Mort out of the vehicle, she frog-marched him to Wolf's front door.

When Wolf answered her loud pounding, she pushed Camen to his knees. "How dare you send a goon after me? Not my fault someone got wise and started taking pictures." Her anger spilled over. "Be ready for a really rough fight this week. I don't care who sees the pictures. I won't be blackmailed." She smacked her palm upside Mort's head. "And I won't be shared." She met Wolf's gaze. "Ever." Turning on her heel, she stalked back to her car and peeled out of his drive.

She didn't realize tears streamed down her face until she pulled up to her house.

I love where this story is going. Wolf and Vail will turn their world on its side but they'll have some flaming hoops to jump through first.




 

That's it for this week.

 

Cheers!

 

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment