Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Passion's Gate

Crap. I can't believe May is almost over. It's been a crazy month. We're finally getting through the Covid crud. Thankfully, I'm still negative and I'm crossing my fingers I stay that way.

Had a solid week of work projects and got some extra writing in also. My oracle cards this week had a majority of work-life balance advice this week and I'm trying to pay heed and take time to do fun stuff along with the work.

Had a semi-decent week of viewing. Made a full round of my regular streaming services and played a little catch up with some small things I'd been saving up for a while.

Caught another episode of The Snoopy Show and laughed out loud several times. Pitty Snoopy against Lucy is always fun.

Started Signora Volpe because two of my favorite actors are in it and it's a mystery series. Really enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward to more.

Watched the first part of Silent Witness. Very interesting episode and a bit of a departure from the way cases are usually presented. I'm looking forward to the second part.

Finished up a Classic Who arc and actually kind of enjoyed it. This is an odd season and I'm still not quite sure how I feel about Mel as a companion.

Enjoyed another episode of The Mandalorian. I love the pacing and the small reveals and the humor. This is a fun show even if it not necessarily supposed to be.

Caught another episode of Harrow and loved it. Putting Farley, Harrow, and Daniels in the wild ended up being hilarious. Not sure how I feel about Grace and her ex—I'm not really that interested and I don't like being jerked around. I do know I'm not a fan of James and I'm going to be interested to see if they end up making him as awful as I think they will.

Watched another episode of Blue Heelers and enjoyed it. It's always cool to see how the southern hemisphere celebrates a holiday like Christmas when it's the middle of summer for them.

Enjoyed another MasterClass lesson with Neil deGrasse Tyson. I liked the focus on inspiring curiosity in your audience. There were a couple of great takeaways from that.

Caught another episode of The Babysitter's Club and, again, I totally get why so many people loved this show. I'll savor the two seasons available.

Watched two more episodes of Classic Rugrats. I love the trip down memory lane and how much fun the show has with classic pop culture references.

Finished season four of Chicago Med and, wow, ending on a cliffhanger for sure. I'm glad I can start season five right away.

Last but not least, I caught up on a few things I've had on hold. I watched several Passionflix options. Dirty, Sweet Valentine, Wicked bloopers, and I finally finished up Seduction and Snacks, which I ended up enjoying so much. The laugh out loud funny moments were exactly what I needed to end the week. I hope they do more with sexy romcoms.

That's it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Passion's Gate, a follow-up to Kindred Spirits where Kirby gets to take a stab at an HEA.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Kirby Selwig meets Passion Gates and she rocks his world. She's a force to be reckoned with and a little out of control. Kirby is tasked with tempering her wild spirit—something she has no interest in taming. Too bad she doesn't know Kirby never fails to get results.

And a preview snippet…

Kirby cut the mental conversation with his dick—about the inappropriateness of being rock hard under the circumstances—short.

He dashed to the bar the doorway. "Whoa, hold up a moment here." He held up both hands and urged calming vibes toward the gorgeous Passion. "You don't want to take on the entire board without at least presenting your case."

Passion's brow furrowed. "Why the hell not?" She planted her hands on her hips and hit him with a dead-on stare.

Kirby refused to wilt under the onslaught … or to haul the woman over his shoulder so he could find the nearest flat surface to ravage her on. "First, you'll be ostracized by the entire population, which would be a damn shame and—"

She cut him off with a hand wave. "I've been ignored and shunned most of my life. Nothing new there." Her gaze didn't waver but a note of something sad crept into her irises.

His heart hurt a little for her but, he lifted a shoulder. "Fine. Consider this then. You obviously have an agenda whether it's directed toward family." His gaze lingered on Dean Hargrove. "Atherton's…" He swept the board with his line of sight. "Or both, is that correct?"

She gave a nod.

Kirby focused solely on Passion. "More importantly, unless your goal is complete obscurity, if you walk out now and continue thumbing your nose at this council, you'll never achieve whatever it is you're seeking." His curiosity burned with wanting to know exactly what she sought from the university.

Passion cocked her head to one side. "You raise a valid point." She met her uncle's gaze. "Be prepared for my return in one week. But know this … I'll not be subject to the arcane power of this board. It's my choice to come here next week and it'll be my choice to stay or not." She lowered her voice and growled. "You're not going to treat me the way you treated Nina."

A second round of gasps and shocked expressions filled the room. Pieces started falling into place. Kirby blinked. Well, fuck. That's why her name is so familiar.

He shot a quick glance toward Vaughn and breathed a sigh of relief when he didn't react. At least not outwardly. On the inside, his best friend would be a swirl of malevolent emotions.

And didn't that fucking bode well … for exactly no one.

I'm slowing working out the small details on this one, but Kirby and Passion are impatiently waiting for me to get to the good stuff…


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment