Sunday, July 17, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Protect the Target

Kind of a weird week in flux. I keep getting a lot of stuff done but more things get added to the plate. Not complaining, the timing is just odd.

Had a solid week of viewing. I'm kind of jammed schedule-wise this upcoming week so I'm hoping to stay on my semi-normal schedule by watching ahead a little.

Got to watch two episodes of The Snoopy Show. This season seems a little less seasonal and I'm okay with that.

Started the new season of The Brokenwood Mysteries. As usual, an excellent premiere episode. Familiar faces with the secondary characters, which I completely love.

Finished up the second half of a two-part Silent Witness and started a new episode. This season is off to a roaring start with good episodes.

Watched the final episode of a Classic Who arc and should be starting a new multipart one this week. Hoping the daleks are gone for a bit.

Caught another episode of Most Terrifying Places in America. This one focused on cursed towns and ended up being more interesting than I anticipated.

I started Moon Knight and thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. My brother highly recommended the series and I'm excited to talk about it with him.

Watched an episode of The Hardy Boys and the danger is amping up. My one complaint for this season would be how the Fenton storyline is playing out. I'm also very iffy on the whole Joe plot points. I'm hoping there's a good explanation for why he's being a little butt.

Enjoyed an episode of Peak Practice. I have a feeling the next episode might have a lingering issue left over from this one.

Caught another MasterClass lesson with Roxane Gay. She talked about her writing tools and I got several good ideas from her.

Got the first episode The Babysitter's Club season two in and enjoyed it. This is a charming show and I'm sorry there's not going to be another season after this one.

Watched an episode of The Ready Room. The interview with Sonequa Martin-Green ended up being so terrific.

Enjoyed an episode of Chicago Med. I'm kind of wondering what's going on with April. I think the writers sell her short and that makes me sad because I love her character.

Finished up Tangled, a Passionflix original. I'll be starting season three of Driven this week and I'm looking forward to it.

I've started a rewatch of Batman: the Animated Series. I'll probably be doing a bunch of DC Comics shows, specifically Titans and Doom Patrol, in the near future. Again, my brother highly recommended so I'm giving them a whirl. But I have to start with my all-time fave, which is Batman: TAS.

Started a new-to-me series with the Agatha Christie Hour. The first episode ended up being enjoyable so I'll continue on. Looking forward to another episode.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Protect the Target, a novella that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Noya Vix is a walking target with a lot of magical factions coming after her, the most persistent being Lenj Gottman, who wants to exploit her precognitive ability. Booth Wanderlux is her number one protector, but he's got issues with keeping Noya out of harm's way because she refuses to lay low until Lenj is caught.

And a preview snippet…

Booth woke up to a cool hand ghosting over his thigh to land on his hip very close to his groin. His lips curved and he turned, letting the palm make contact with his dick. Noya finally decided to come to bed.

He let out a sigh. "'Bout time you joined me, Noya." Fingers cupped his erection.

A low, sultry voice answered. "Sorry, lover, if I'd known you were waiting, I'd have been here a lot sooner."

His eyes blinked open to find someone definitely not Noya grasping his cock.

He shoved her away and scrambled off the bed. "Who. The fuck. Are you?" He flipped the lamp on.

Red hair, pale, creamy skin, and green eyes filled his vision. A silky gown clung to her curves and she gazed upward with arched brows. She moved with feline grace, sitting up and scooting to the edge of the bed.

She tilted her head to one side. "Name's Shara Hawthorn. I had no idea the room was occupied when I came in." Her mouth curled into an appreciative grin. "When I found you, I thought providence answered my latest wish." Her gaze did a slow once-over before meeting his again.

Booth narrowed his eyes. Her voice would lure men to do her bidding. But something about her … didn't ring true.

He moved forward, placing his knee on the mattress. She didn't move except to lower her head slightly. Leaning in, he caught the aroma of pear, sandalwood, and lavender—Noya's signature scent.

Cupping her chin, he lifted her face to the light. "What are you playing at, Noya?" He brushed his thumb over her cheekbone, encountering a high, smooth surface instead of the angular, prominent jut.

Her shoulder slumped. "Dammit to hell. What gave me away?" She eased away from him and slid off the bed.

He huffed out a breath. "Fragrance. You're wearing your usual." If not for that, he would have been completely fooled. "Nice job on the voice." He gave her a long perusal. "And … everything else." Slowly moving forward, he made a circle around her. "Pretty damn amazing, actually."

She lifted her chin. "Shit, I should've thought to change the scent. But otherwise, good to hear. Because I'm not going to be left behind." Her hands landed on her hips.

Booth gently batted them away and drew her close. "No, didn't think you would be." His mouth grazed her jawline. "And neither did Starkey. He wanted you to be creative and you definitely went above and beyond." His fingers trailed upward, sliding under the straps of her gown to nudge them off her shoulders.

Noya shook her head. "Should've known. No wonder Lorna didn't bat an eye when I told her what I wanted to do." She dropped her arms and let the gown fall to the floor.

Booth licked his lips. "This is gonna be an experience, I can already tell. I mean you're you … but you're not." The difference in skin tone and the hair and eyes proved to be jarring, but also a turn-on.

Noya traced a finger down his chest, stopping at his waistband where his boxers concealed the long, hard length of his dick. "Something tells me it's not going to be a bad one." She nudged the briefs down then grasped his hard-on.

Booth scooped her up and deposited her on the bed. "Let's find out…"

I'm having a lot of fun writing this one. Noya and Booth always find creative ways to work their issues out.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment