Sunday, July 31, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Quelling Hunger

Well, July kind of blew right by. It's been a busy month with a lot going on and that always makes the days seem to speed along.

Had a decent week finishing up a work project and making some solid headway on a couple of my personal projects. This is on top of having one kid in NYC and another that landed in the ED then got admitted to the hospital for three days and two nights. Thankfully, he's doing okay.

Actually got a lot of viewing completed also. I'm currently watching The Force Awakens. It's kind of a rewatch, but I haven't seen the whole movie from start to finish … ever. I've always come in at weird random places so I've seen the whole thing, but not in chronological order. I'm strange that way.

Also caught another episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries. This one had a very interesting twisty mystery and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched the second half of Silent Witness and kind of loved where it ended up going. I like the way the two-part episodes are playing out right now.

Enjoyed another episode of Classic Who. Ace keeps growing on me. I love her as the companion for the Doctor. There's way less screaming, which is a bonus.

Caught another episode of Most Terrifying Places in America. This one focused on ghostly encounters and I enjoyed it.

Watched another episode of Moon Knight. Honestly, I kind of love this show. It's a little campy, which keeps the darker aspect of the storyline in check. It works for me and I love it.

Ended up enjoying another episode of The Hardy Boys. There are a lot of twists and turns this season and some have worked better than others. Joe truly annoyed the crap out of me but I think they might pull all that together by the end of the season.

Caught another episode of Peak Practice. I ended up enjoying the less soap-operaish storyline this week.

Enjoyed another MasterClass lesson with Roxane Gay. This week she talked about revisions, editing, and proofreading. I love that phase of writing and I loved what she had to say about her methods. She's also not a big fan of the phrase kill your darlings. I've never liked that one and it's nice to have someone like Roxane say she doesn't either.

Watched another episode of The Babysitter's Club. I'm honestly so disappointed there won't be another season of this show. It's really coming together in this second season.

Caught an episode of The Ready Room. This one featured Shazad Latif and I completely enjoyed the interview. He had some great insight.

Enjoyed the second episode of Driven. Tawny can die in a fire and that would make me really happy. Not sure I like the dude or, well, possibly dudette following Riley. Becks makes me very happy. I love this series so much.

Watched another episode of Chicago Med. I'm so surprised Will kind of shut Natalie down. Not that it wasn't deserved, but I was surprised nonetheless. Glad to see Maggie might not lose Ben. I'm seriously not sure what the hell is going on with April. Should be in for some interesting future episodes.

Caught another episode of Batman: The Animated Series. This is probably my all-time favorite animated show ever. I'm happy I'm rewatching again.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Quelling Hunger, a novella that puts a heavy strain on the relationship between the main characters.

Here's the mini-blurb:

When a storm destroys the food warehouses in the city, Rita Steed and Fletch Lancaster are tasked with keeping the peace while half-rations are necessary until the rooftop gardens can produce more crops. Heading up the sector patrol, neither is certain they can maintain the status quo when quelling hunger seems to be impossible.

And a preview snippet…

Fletch thrust forward, going deep in one smooth motion. "Another challenge?" His lips nuzzled her ear. "You sure you want to keep throwing them out?" He bit gently on the lobe.

Rita shuddered. "Mmm. If it gets you hot and bothered, absolutely." Her hands cupped his ass, urging him to go deeper.

Fletch used his palm at the small of her back then grinded against her. "Rita, just being with you gets me hot and hard. No need for incentives." He pulled almost all the way then drove forward again, just the way she liked.

Rita moaned. "Good to know some things don't change." Her mouth sought his and she slipped her tongue past his teeth.

Fletch gave himself over to her desire. He kept a steady pace and held her hips securely against his groin. Rita drew the kiss out in the way he loved, her passion consuming each of them.

His thighs flexed and she wrapped her leg around his waist a little tighter. Her fingers dug into his back and her core gripped his dick with increased pressure. Not long now… He worked his free hand between them and found the hard nub of nerves. Brushing over the cluster with rapid-fire strokes, he aimed to set her off.

Rita broke the kiss on a gasp. "Ah, yes! Right there." Her head dropped back, exposing her throat.

Fletch took advantage, grazing his teeth over taut skin. Goose bumps rose on her skin and he soothed the area with the rasp of his tongue. She writhed in his arms, her hips rolling as much as he'd allow.

Her hot breath fanned over his shoulder. "Come with me, Fletch. I'm so close." Her hands moved up to grip his biceps.

He pushed harder, ready to fly off the edge behind her. "Let it go. I'm right there with you."

Rita shuddered, her eyes losing focus. Her inner muscles contracted, squeezing his hard shaft with velvety softness. He thrust upward one last time and came with her name on his lips.

Rita's back arched and her breathing went shallow when the orgasm washed over her. Spent, she went limp, her leg sliding down his. Fletch skimmed a hand along her side and she curled into him. He grabbed the blanket from the end of the futon and drew it over them.

Rita yawned. "Definitely the best thing on the planet." She turned on her side, spooning into him.

Fletch draped an arm over her torso. "I aim to please."

A brief moment of something special and intimate before the next hurdle presents itself.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment