Sunday, April 30, 2023

Sunday Snippet: This Is Your Life

Well, April still feels like a mix of winter and summer but not spring. We have hot days then plummet back to cold. I’m hoping May evens it out and we hold steady for a while.

Had a crazy-busy week with work. More projects coming in hot and needing immediate attention. I’m so happy that all of them are absolutely fun and exciting to work on. I love them!

I did have very limited time for viewing this week. I don’t mind the trade off, because I usually have an old standby on in the background like Perry Mason, Columbo, or Murder, She Wrote.

I did finish up Strangest Things and I ended up enjoying the episode.

I also caught another episode in my great rewatch of Battlestar Galactica. This upcoming week, we’re going with a double header to round out season one.

I’ll be starting a new episode of The Mandalorian later tonight.

I also got to listen to my daughter’s radio show. It’s finals week and they get to choose their music. My daughter and her co-DJ picked seventies hits for their time slot. And they made great choices if I do say so. And I do.

That’s pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight’s post is from This Is Your Life, a novella with hex magick playing a role in keeping a couple apart.

Here’s the mini-blurb:

After a harrowing month of captivity in a rival faction's territory, Welch Harrinson can't seem to find his will to keep living. Rina Lewes devises a perfect way to remind Welch why life can be good.

And a preview snippet…

Rina couldn't take it anymore. Welch's distance created a chasm in her heart and soul. She had to find a way to reach him, remind him of their love and passion. Hell, he needed to remember his identity.

She paced back and forth, turning ideas over in her head. The Shringla clan worked some serious hex magic, turning Welch into a shell of his former self. She couldn't counter without knowing the exact incantations their rivals had used, but she might be able to work around the potential traps by nudging Welch down memory lane, rebuilding his knowledge of self and hopefully renewing their bond.

She crossed the floor and picked up the phone, dialing the one person who wanted Welch back as badly as her. His father. For his son, he'd put aside his petty judgments of Rina's lack of bloodline.

She hoped.

He finally picked up on the third ring. "Harrinson's Holistic Health."

She took a deep breath. "Wiggam? It's Rina. Can we meet at the coffee shop?"

Wiggam responded. "Is this about Welch?" He thanked a customer and the bell chimed over the door.

Rina answered simply. "Yes." She wouldn't waste more words.

Wiggam paused a moment. "Give me fifteen minutes to have Shirley come in. I'll be there."

The line disconnected and Rina snorted. "Don't bother asking if I can be there in fifteen." She shook her head. "Someday that man will get a piece of my mind." Grabbing her bag, she shoved the phone inside and exited the cottage.

She'd play very nicely with the elder Harrinson … for now.

The drive passed in a blur, her mind spinning with how to tell Wiggam his son had no clue who they were. And if that old man gave her any kind of shit, she'd lose it. Bad enough Welch didn't appreciate her at the moment. Wiggam never had and probably never would sing her praises.

Her lips quirked. "Not like I'll join the chorus for him either." Making the turn into the parking lot, she cut the engine and dragged in a deep breath. "Nothing for it. Gotta bring my biggest detractor up to speed."

Rina and Wiggam will eventually find some common ground, but it’s not going to be an easy journey. Welch is the glue that will hold them together.

That’s it for this week.


 

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment