Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Not on the Same Page


Whew! My daughter's third prom is down and out of the way. She's the junior class president so I had chaperone duties and, wow, let me tell you… I ran my ass off last night. LOL And, of course, the weather ended up being a complete downer. Rainy and actually pretty chilly for the end of April. However, I think this year's dress is pretty much my favorite.

Anyway… while I'm putting my feet up, I'll dive into this week's television viewing. I Finished up Iron Fist and it didn't disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed Ward and Joy's conversation. I'll be really happy to see Davos taken down. I want to be sympathetic, but yeah, not really feeling it. Misty and Colleen need their own show. Just saying.

Caught the Classic Roswell episode, "Heat Wave" and it's one I really loved when it aired the first time. Still loved it this time around too.

Watched the Arrow Elseworlds episode. Quite enjoyed it even though it's the only one I've seen in the crossover event. I'll have to catch The Flash and Supergirl when they make it to a streaming platform. It really annoys me that full seasons aren't available on the network's app. Or at least keep the crossover on for the full season.

Also caught another episode of Murdoch Mysteries. Based on a little google fu, it looks like there will be another season, which makes me very happy.

Watched episode three of The Murders and I like where this show is going. I'm kind of happy to know why Nolan isn't a big fan of Paul in guns and gangs. I'm also glad to have a little more insight into Kate's relationship with her mom.

Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries is such a great spinoff. I really hope there ends up being another season of this one. The second episode had terrific chemistry between all of the characters and I'm such a fan of the secondary ones.

I have some things to discuss about Roswell, New Mexico's finale and I'll save those for later. Caught an episode of Painkiller Jane and it's one I like the first time around. Answers start revealing themselves about Jane's ability. I truly do wish this series had a second season if only for more of those.

Underbelly Razor's penultimate episode dropped some big moves and is titled the same. With one more episode left in this incarnation, I'm excited to see how things end for the women.

Watched a Midsomer Murders episode and, well, found it kind of odd. Then again, with fourteen seasons in front of it and several more to go, there has to be an odd one here and there, right?

Caught two more episodes of Peter Gunn and I don't remember seeing either of them previously. I'm such a fan of how Peter's group of friends and colleagues add so much to the show.

Okay… Roswell, New Mexico's season finale. Wow. Seriously. It's been a long time since a show gave me a gut-punch feeling and I'm not quite sure how I feel about having one. The episode had so much going on, but all the episodes usually do. The acting ended up being stellar, from, I'm not kidding, everyone. As for where things went? I'm honestly still working through how I feel. I'm thrilled there's a second season, which hopefully means a solution for the thing that happened. I haven't decided if I trust this showrunner yet. So far, I've loved everything from the characters to the plot points, even with the somewhat neglected Maria, and pulling a shock-value move makes me slightly twitchy, hence my inability to fully trust how things will play out. That said, you can bet my ass will glued to the screen when the second season premieres, so there's that. I might have more about the season overall on my sister blog Universes Altered.

And that's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Not on the Same Page, a novella that started with a sentence prompt of "I thought we were talking about wanting the same thing".

Here's the mini-blurb:

Irini Domaine loves Nathair Sofen but marries another to fulfill a familial obligation. When she suggests carrying on the relationship with Nathair he coldly refuses, which makes Irini vow to slowly but surely convince him otherwise.

And a preview snippet…

Irini Domaine loved Nathair Sofen with everything she had.
When she tugged him into the bedroom of his cottage, she only had one thing in mind. A night they'd never forget.
Nathair grasped her hips. "You're in a big hurry tonight, Iri. What's got you all worked up?" His hands skimmed her sides.
Irini leaned forward and ran her tongue around his nipple. "You. Always." Her eyes closed and she breathed the scent of him in.
She wanted to memorize everything about Nathair.
Because she lied. Horribly, deeply, and irrevocably.
Sex with Nathair did always get her worked up. But her rush to get them in bed had a purpose. One she couldn't share with him.
Nathair cupped her face and held her gaze. "I love you, Iri. So much." His lips claimed hers and he nudged her to the bed.
She popped the button to his dungarees. "I love you, too. I always will."
Even though she'd be wed at dawn… to someone else.
Her heart recoiled at the thought. She belonged with Nathair. But her father resurrected a dead rite, one unused for at least a hundred years. He made a blood vow to fulfill a familial debt with her as the tithe.
And he'd made it impossible for her to refuse. To break the covenant would bring dishonor on a founding family and not even her rebellious nature would allow her to let him be cast out and stripped of his magick, the only thing he had left after losing their fortune.
Because he no longer had a daughter. She'd never forgive him. Ever.
Nathair stripped off his pants and tugged hers down. She pushed everything else aside and pulled him down to the mattress then wrapped her legs around him, trapping his heavy length between them.
Her hands smoothed down his back. "I hope you're ready, Nathair. I want the whole night with you." She bucked against him, relishing the friction of his cock against her clit.
Nathair lowered his head, his lips trailing along her jaw. "You don't have to ask. I'm always hard and hot for you." He raised his hips and thrust forward, sinking deep inside her.
She moaned, welcoming him and urging him to set a steady pace. Her mind mapped every move, each gasp and groan, the beat of his heart mingled with hers. She committed everything to memory so she'd never forget.
And when she shuddered under him and he let go, finding his release just after hers, she didn't give him quarter. Instead, she twisted so she sat atop him, straddling his thighs. Grinding against his groin, she moved sensually to keep the intimate flame burning hot.
Nathair slid his hands up her thighs and grasped her hips. Bringing his thumbs to meet just above her clit, he gently rubbed the nub of nerves in light circles. Irini closed her eyes, letting the buzz of awareness course through her.
And when his cock swelled and hardened, she lifted her hips and sank down over him ready to find the bliss she only experienced in his arms.

This story has some big twists and turns and I'm excited to get them all put together for a satisfying conclusion.



That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment