Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Led Astray

Happy Halloween to those who observe. We had our trick or treat last night and it was nice to be outside with semi-decent weather to enjoy fall. For me, it was wonderful to take a break from some renovation in the bathroom. I'm not twenty-five anymore and I'm definitely feeling that right now. LOL

Not a bad week for television, I started with another episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries and quite enjoyed it. I love the quirkiness of the characters and the cases. Such a great show.

Watched a two-part Silent Witness and I vaguely remembered this one. It's odd how a season from a decade or so ago holds up so well. What goes around comes around.

Caught two arcs of Classic Who, which brings me close to the end of season twenty. Pretty sure the Master is going to show up again around the final arc.

Enjoyed two episodes of The Muppet Show. Liza Minnelli and Phyllis George were the guest stars.

Finished up season six of Prime Suspect. I'll be starting the final season this week. I'm not sure what I'll move on to after this series but I'll find something.

Watched two episodes of Roswell: The Final Verdict. I kind of like the use of AI truth detection they're using to determine whether witness accounts about the crash are true or not. Interesting viewing.

Caught another episode of Peak Practice. I'm coming up on the last few episodes of season five and I'm still enjoying the series. Slowly but surely making my way to season twelve with one of my favorite actors in an early role.

Got some great information from MasterClass with Brandon McMillan. I'll be coming back to this lesson in the near future.

Started the new-to-me series Glitch and got rather hooked on the first episode. My sibling highly recommended this one and I look forward to discussing it with him.

Watched Pop Profile: Demi Lovato and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not overly familiar with her career and the profile was interesting to follow along.

Caught another episode of Star Trek: Discovery. Things are definitely heating up and I can't decide if I'm really down with what's going on with Ash or if I need to shake my head over it. Either way, I'm so invested in what happens I can't wait for the next episode.

Great Chicago Med episode with Halsted, Rhodes, and Reese learning some lessons. I always find the episode names interesting and I love how they almost always end up fitting the theme.

Watched another Midsomer Murders episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. After twenty-two seasons that's saying something. I have one more episode of this season then, hopefully, a new season in the near future.

That's pretty much it for this week's viewing update. Tonight's post is from Led Astray, a novella where characters on opposing sides come together to put a feud to rest.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Gia Schmidt is tasked with bringing Orrick Triolo around to her clan's way of thinking, but he proves a hard case to crack, even with her considerable skills. Orrick's got something she wants but if she's not careful, he'll lead her astray instead of the other way around.

And a preview snippet…

Gia reached out, loosened his tie, and pulled it out from under his collar. "We both know the answer, don't we?" Her fingers worked on his buttons, revealing a defined chest and torso.

Her mouth watered and she struggled to remember her true purpose for being here. To Orrick's credit, he gave her full rein, shrugging out of the impeccably tailored shirt while she undid his belt, released the clasp, and lowered his zipper. A hard, thick cock jutted upward and her knees went a little weak at the sight.

She slowly angled around, glancing over her shoulder. "Will you?" Her gaze dropped to the zipper at the low part of her back.

His hands smoothed over her skin before he unzipped her dress. She turned back around to find he'd kicked his pants aside after toeing off his shoes. His gaze darkened when she let the bodice slide down her body, revealing nothing but her bare breasts. With a slight shake, she let the garment fall to stand naked before him.

Orrick blinked. "Damn." He grasped her hips and nudged her backward, easing her fall to the bed.

Gia wrapped a leg around his waist and tilted her chin up to meet his hungry kiss. His lips moved over hers with dizzying thoroughness before trailing along her jawline down to her shoulder where his teeth grazed over her collarbone. His tongue took over, laving a path to her breasts. He teased one then the other before drawing her hardened nipple between his lips. He sucked hard and she gasped, arching her back. He caught a hip with his palm, holding her steady then wedged his thigh between her legs.

She bucked against the muscled thickness, the hair-roughened surface creating a delicious friction. Orrick made his way back up to meet her mouth in another steamy embrace. She didn't try to temper her reaction anymore. She couldn't. The man evoked an emotional and physical response. Her ability to remain detached and use her power had exploded with the first kiss. She wanted him—hard and hot—right now.

Breaking the lip-lock, she palmed his erection. "Don't make me wait, Orrick. I want you." She guided the head of his cock along her wet folds.

His gaze filled with shadows and for one suspended moment, she feared he'd pull away and break the connection they had. It wouldn't be the only time she'd lost someone, but she'd regret losing him—a first for her. When he thrust forward, filling her, relief mixed with wonder. God, the man made her blood sing with heart-pounding rhythm.

I love this story! Orrick and Gia will end up in the crosshairs from both of their families but they'll figure a way out.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment