Sunday, November 7, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Left Unsaid

Well … November has arrived and the weather is cooling off to true fall-like temperatures. It's pretty chilly when I take the dogs out for the final time at night. Brrr.

Had a limited work week with only one project on my desk. Sometimes it's nice to have the extra time to get things done around the house. I'm still on my great clear-out and making solid progress. I have a new couch coming later this month and I'm excited to get everything ready for it.

Decent week of television. I caught four episodes of The Muppet Show. Anne Murray, Jonathan Winters, Star Wars / Mark Hamill, and Christopher Reeve were the guest stars. I remember the Star Wars episode from childhood. My brothers and I loved that one.

Finished up Prime Suspect and actually loved the way the series ended. I don't remember if I actually got to finish the entire series when I watched the first time so I'm glad I got to complete the entire run. Really like the bookend of how it began with how it ended.

Watched two episodes of Peak Practice. As suspected, David's wife kind of went off the rails and the climax of that happened in the second episode. I'm also enjoying Paul's storyline. Nice to see him pop up about every other episode.

Caught two more MasterClass lessons with Brandon McMillan. He's very good at explaining his technique and I'm hoping I'll be able to work with both dogs to have them behave better.

Watched another episode of Glitch and this show is as trippy as I thought it would be. Three episodes in and I'm still not quite sure what's going on. James has quite the dilemma on two fronts and it's almost uncomfortable watching him juggle everything.

Enjoyed another Pop Profiles. This one featured Jennifer Lopez. I didn't learn a lot of new things about her career but I loved revisiting some of her stellar moments.

Caught two more episodes of Classic Rugrats. This show is so much fun to revisit. Had a chance to talk to my oldest and reminisce a little about how much we loved watching when he was little.

Watched a great episode of Chicago Med. I'm starting to really enjoy Dr. Latham. I also loved getting into a little more of Goodwin's story. Also really liked Reece's storyline for this episode.

Enjoyed another episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries. I've been enjoying having Frodo pop up in weird jobs. My hope is he'll eventually end up at the Toad and Lion. He'd make a great bartender.

Started a new episode of Blue Heelers. This one is interesting with a rural flavor to it. I'm feeling bad for Adam. He's got it bad for Chris and she's not going there because of their age difference.

Started the final two-parter of Silent Witness for season thirteen. This is another South Africa setting. I have a very vague memory of what happened the first time I watched and I'm looking forward to the second part to see if I remember anything else.

I'm almost finished with season twenty of Classic Who. The Master did show up again in a two-part arc and that leaves one final episode left. "The Five Doctors" will round out the season and we'll be on to twenty-one.

Enjoyed another episode of Roswell: The Final Verdict. This focused on how the government went to a lot of trouble to silence witnesses of the crash. The AI found a couple of false statements and that always interests me. Looking forward to the next episode.

That's pretty much it for this week's update. Tonight's post is from Left Unsaid, a novella with main characters that can't always say what they want to.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Haven and Pryce are involved in a covert war between humanity and the fae. When the battle takes a nasty turn for the worse and their lives are in danger multiple times, the couple realizes it's sometimes better to communicate without words.

And a preview snippet…

Haven woke slowly. A little disoriented, the pleasant weight of Pryce's arm curled around her made her smile. She didn't do wistful, not normally, but she could get used to having him spooned against her.

Stop. You can't go there. Why not, though? Because he still needs to grieve and you might not have tomorrow. But they had today. If anything, living in the moment and happily right now is the way to go.

Raspy stubble ghosted over her shoulder. "I can hear the wheels spinning in your head, Haven. What's got your brain churning?" He pressed a kiss to her skin.

She shifted around to face him. "Everything we leave unsaid between us." So much they could fill a baggage claim.

He cupped her face. "This is deeper than Peter, isn't it?"

She nodded. "But he looms the largest right now." The rest could wait.

Pryce brushed his lips over hers. "Okay, then. Let's grab a shower and put Peter to rest while we eat something." He eased off the couch and started for the bathroom.

Haven admired his ass then shook her head. "Focus, you idiot." She got up and joined him under the spray.

She liked how they lingered, neither in a rush to dive into anything sexy but taking time to appreciate the play of water and suds over skin. The touch so different from when she'd first arrived. When the water cooled, Pryce twisted the knob and cut the flow. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around Haven.

His thumbs brushed over her cheeks, his gaze seeking answers. "Look, Have, about earlier—"

She cut him off. "Don't you dare apologize. You took what I freely offered and I'm not complaining." She pinned him with a bold look. "We needed the outlet to get through the anger." Keeping the towel around her, she entered his bedroom and snagged one of his T-shirts then dried off and slipped the garment over her head. "Besides, we have other important things to discuss, right?"

I love where this book is going. Everything kind of came together and the conflict ended up being filled with more layers than I thought it would be.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment