Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Nothing but the Truth

Another heavy workload this week followed by some snow and really cold temperatures. Of course, we're supposed to be in the seventies by Thursday, which means my sinuses are going to hate me. Fun times.

Had a slower viewing schedule this week with television. Needed to focus on one of my projects to get it finished up in quick fashion.

I did get quite a few of my regular shows watched. Caught two episodes of Snoopy in Space: The Search for Life. One featured information on Europa and the other on Venus. I'm quite enjoying the mix of sciency goodness with the antics of the Peanuts gang.

Started a new-to-me show with Cuffs and liked the first episode. This one should be interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Got two episodes of Silent Witness in, finishing up a two-parter and starting another. I'm very curious about how this will end as the next show will be the season sixteen finale. I'm a little worried about Leo.

Enjoyed two episodes of Classic Who. I'm kind of dizzy with the loss of Peri and a new companion rolled into the overarching main story. I'm still a fan of how this season is playing out though.

Completed the last episode of The Alaska Triangle and rather enjoyed the focus on a haunted fairground. I wouldn't mind seeing more from this region of Alaska.

Finished up The Muppets and have to admit I really ended up enjoying the season. I'm not sure if I'll start a new muppet series or move on to some of the Marvel universe shows.

I started season two of Harrow and, wow, it got off with a big bang. I'm very intrigued about how the main mystery is going to play out. I like having a case of the week mixed with the background intrigue of who wants Daniel dead.

Enjoyed an episode of Peak Practice and like the sort of slow burn going on with Andrew and the receptionist. I have a feeling that could go to some interesting places.

I watched two MasterClass lessons with Es Devlin. I love her ideas and insight into putting huge projects together by starting with small-scaled ideas. This shouldn't be confused with the ideas being small, more like imagining them in miniature scale and then creating a huge piece from that.

I watched the last episode of Paranoid and ended up loving this series. The ending wrapped up everything and the evildoers got theirs. Can't ask for more.

Snuck in two episodes of Classic Rugrats. I'm close to finishing up season two and need to decide if I'm going to move up to three or switch over to new Rugrats. Stay tuned.

Caught an episode of Chicago Med and I really, really dislike the new chief of the ED. The guy is a complete ass. Here's hoping he'll get a big helping of something not nice in the near future.

I finished up Queens of Mystery and loved the final episode. Lots of new threads to explore in the next season, which I hope is soon. I even ended up not hating the fiancé by the end. I hope if she'd in the next series, she's a lot less obnoxious.

Started a new series with Aliens in Alaska. I'm not quite ready to let the big state go. So far, I'm enjoying the show and look forward to more.

Caught another episode of Blue Heelers and got a kick out of Hugh Jackman guest-starring as an attorney. Honestly, he hasn't changed much in the thirty years since this show aired. Amazing.

Also started Young Wallander based on a recommendation from my brother. I'm almost through the first episode and, so far, enjoy it. Season two came out recently so I have some good stuff to look forward to.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Nothing but the Truth, a novella where the characters make a silent pact to be honest with each other because their work involves subterfuge and lies on a regular basis.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Lexa Chan and Quint Maximoff work the seedy underworld of supernatural bounty hunting. Lexa's got a tough as nails reputation and she competes with Quint's larger than life persona. The Halfway, a bar catering to supernatural and mortal beings, is neutral ground where Lexa and Quint form an interesting relationship.

And a preview snippet…

Quint loved the way her heated gaze traveled over him. He had several long-healed wounds—a jagged, narrow slice from a blade, a bullet hole, and a pepper of marks from the damage a screwdriver did to his torso. None erased the naked desire in her eyes.

She licked her lips. "Hmm … where to start?" She trailed a finger from his sternum to his waistline before sliding off his lap to unbutton and zip his pants.

Lowering to the floor, she wrestled his fatigues past his hips. He helped by toeing off his boots and kicking them aside while she finished dragging the fabric off his legs and shoving it aside. Her warm fingers circled his shaft and she leaned in, brushing her thumb over the head.

She got a good look at his dick. "Mmmm. Gotta say my imagination didn't do this justice." She glanced up, a sexy smile curving her lips. "I'm going to enjoy this."

Her mouth slid over the tip of his cock and his head fell back. "Aw, fuck. That's good." Damn, pleasurable didn't begin to describe the magic her mouth worked.

She made a humming sound but didn't lose focus. Her lips and tongue kept a steady pressure on his erection and her fingers fondled his balls. She tugged the orbs lightly and his thighs flexed with reaction. He fought the urge to thrust deep and hard. Definitely don't want this to end too soon.

Lexa eased back and swirled her tongue around the head, flicking the underside with rapid strokes. An undercurrent of need and want swelled along his veins and he almost lost the battle for control. His fingers plunged through her hair and his hips lurched upward.

A breath hissed out from between his teeth. "Not like this. I want you to ride me to a finish." He hooked a hand under her shoulder and hauled her upward.

She used one hand to unfasten her bra and the other to shove her leggings past her hips. "Like minds and all that." Her breathing burst out in ragged pants.

Quint helped get her legs free then slid two fingers along her folds, meeting wet, silky essence. He couldn't wait any longer. Grasping her hip, he tugged her forward to straddle his lap. She lifted her butt and sank over him in one, slow movement until his groin met the apex of her thighs.

Heat enveloped his hard length and his head dropped back on the cushions. "Holy balls of fire. You feel good wrapped around me." He didn't want to move, not yet. His brain needed to catch up with his body.

Lexa's eyes slid closed and she moaned. "This is gonna be hard and fast. I can't go slow right now." Her hips rocked and she shuddered.

Quint took one of her hands and braced it on his shoulder. "Ride me, Lexa." He grasped her waist and urged her forward.

Her fingers dug into his skin, her nails scraping the flesh. He didn't care. He wouldn't mind wearing her mark.

And he'd welcome more, as much as she wanted to give.

Lexa and Quint don't think they're in for the long haul, but life has a way of proving people wrong.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment