A very long week with wild weather and lots of things going on, including back-to-school shenanigans, roadwork, and tons of laundry.
Kind of a repeat from last week with thunderstorms rolling through the state and a day or two of plain old rain, which is actually kind of nice … except for flooding, which we didn't have but other areas in the state did.
Work stayed busy. Still removing images from a manuscript to get it ready for a copy edit. But the good news is I should finish up today or tomorrow. I put the project aside when we had storms because I won't change losing all the work put in so far.
Pretty decent viewing week even with the wild weather. Made it through my full slate of shows and had a couple of binge watches of Death in Paradise and Beyond Paradise.
Started with an episode of Marple and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very different from another version and a great cast.
Finished up Coastal Ireland and loved it. Especially enjoy watching someone who loves the country show their favorite locations.
Caught another episode of Beyond Paradise and I'm truly wondering how things will end up working out with Anne being on the committee overseeing the police. Here's hoping she finds a way to keep the team together.
Watched another episode of Poirot and, whew, what a very twisty mystery. And a great cast made it all work.
Elementary had another great offering. I enjoy seeing Sherlock not at his best but also watching Joan kind of rally behind him. And he's still got a leg up on everyone else even with the post-concussion stuff he's going through.
Caught another episode of Young Justice and quite enjoyed watching the team work together while defying orders.
Enjoyed another episode of Star Trek Lower Decks and I'm so happy the lower deckers are back together. Also loved seeing T'Lyn going the extra mile to fill the gap Tendi left and then join in the celebration when she returned.
No backburner shows this week. We'll see if there's time week, but probably not as I have a long day on Saturday to meet my cousins for our annual get together.
That's the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Tangled Web, a novella with a noir flair.
Here's the miniblurb:
Ruby Ire is bad for men—every time she falls for one he ends up dead, so she doesn't get tangled up with them anymore. But a series of near miss accidents makes her think she's become a target and she hires Jordan Riceman to track down her attacker. And she absolutely will not let Jordan get too close, no matter how damned attractive he is.
And a preview snippet…
I love this story and the twists and turns it takes. Jordan and Ruby are in for a bit of a ride.
That's it for this
week.
Cheers!
Skye

No comments:
Post a Comment