Yeesh. I'd really
like Ohio weather to calm the eff down. We've had storms all week and we're
getting hammered today. Severe thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, it's
wild.
We did have a break
in the yucky weather on Friday and got to attend a fun concert to benefit our
local botanical garden and a local pet shelter. We had a truly great time and
my extended family participated in the musical lineup.
Had a busy work
week filled with some tedious little stuff and some technology problems. I did
manage to get a copy edit finished up and worked on formatting a family history
book that has a ton of images in it. That one is kind of challenging because
the copy edit can't be done with the images in the document and I'm pulling
them out and adding design tags.
Not a bad viewing
week. I made it through my usual slate and started a back-burner episode. The
weather kind of affected being able to finish that one. I also did another
binge watch of Death in Paradise on Ovation.
Started with an
episode of Marple and enjoyed it. I rather liked the cast of characters
in this episode and, whew, did it have some twisty turns.
Started a new
series for me with Adrian Dunbar's Coastal Ireland. I love seeing the
landscape and shorelines of the country. It's so beautiful.
Caught an episode
of Beyond Paradise and I'm so bummed that Humphrey has to reduce his
staff by one. I hope it ends up working out by the end of the season. I also wish
I understood more about why Esther doesn't want to be happy with Archie. Maybe
they'll delve into that a little more.
Watched an episode
of Poirot and truly enjoyed it. Always nice to see old friends and the
behind-the-scenes machinations were interesting.
Elementary had a great opening to its sixth season.
Sherlock's struggle post-concussion adds an interesting layer of conflict and
I'm happy with Joan's response.
Caught an episode
of Young Justice and enjoyed it. Great to see the team pull together and
also nice to see the Justice League's trust in their ability.
Enjoyed the season
opener of Star Trek Lower Decks season five. Very fun to see a mirror of
the crew and how different things could turn out.
Watched The Thin
Man again because I was in the mood for something fun. I need to find the
other Nick and Nora movies somewhere, because they're so enjoyable.
Started an episode
of Peak Practice but the thunderstorms put a halt to finishing it. I'll
maybe get to it later this week.
That's it for the
life update this week. Tonight's post is from Take a Walk on the Wild Side, a
follow up to Long Time No See.
Here's the
minblurb:
After dealing with repercussions from the Vallas clan, Val
Janison steps into a leadership role he's not thrilled to have. Jonni Mars
works behind the scenes as a liaison between the three ruling families and
tries to broker a peaceful resolution. In the middle of everything, the couple
makes an attempt to keep their relationship solid … with mixed results.
And a preview
snippet…
Val's mood instantly
improved the moment his mouth touched Jonni's. I could stand here all day
with her.
He eased away, resting
his forehead against hers. "Damn. I've missed you." He hadn't
realized how much until her voice came through the speaker on his desk.
Sliding his hand down
her arm, he laced their fingers together. "Come with me…" He moved
into the prep kitchen and stopped before a paneled wall.
Tapping a notch in the
wood, he released a lock and the wall slid inward.
Jonni's eyes widened.
"Of course you have a secret passageway." She shook her head but
followed him inside.
Val grinned.
"We'll go directly to my suite, which will bypass anyone who might be
looking for me." He made a turn at a junction in the narrow corridor.
Jonni glanced toward
the route they didn't take. "Where does that one lead?" Her curiosity
came through loud and clear.
Val shrugged. "To
a room behind the main stairwell. It's used during large gatherings to go from
the kitchen to the foyer so servers can quickly reach the ballroom and meeting
room." He paused and nodded toward a set of stairs. "We'll go up this
flight and one more then be where no one can bother us." Making the first
step, he tugged her behind him.
Jonni laughed. "This
could be very convenient for us." Her voice dropped to low growl.
"Unless Anton gets in the way."
Val frowned but
continued up the next flight of stairs then down to the panel to his suite. He
pulled the piece of wall toward him and nodded for Jonni to precede him into
the space.
She walked through and
her head swiveled back and forth. "You've definitely come up in the
world." Turning to face him, her lips twisted in a wry curve.
Val resealed the wall
and moved to her side. "It's an empty tomb most of the time." He
cupped her face. "And I'm going to chat with Anton. I don't care how he
works time with you into my schedule, but he's going to." He brushed his
lips over hers. "I need you to function and didn't realize how much until
seeing you today." His fingers slid under the hem of her shirt, inching
the fabric upward.
Jonni tilted her head
to one side. "So what? I'm your battery charger now?" She pulled his
button-down from the waistband of his pants.
Val stopped her. "No.
You don't merely keep me charged up." He dragged her shirt over her head.
"You sustain me…" His mouth moved along her shoulder and up the
column of her throat.
Jonni shivered.
"And you do the same for me … it's why I had to come here. Because I can't
stand being so far apart." She popped the button of his pants and lowered
the zipper.
Val pushed her leggings
down then scooped her up, carrying her to the huge bed between two
floor-to-ceiling windows. He quickly shed his trousers and crawled up on the
mattress, his erection straight and proud. Jonni splayed her legs and his dick
ached to be inside her.
Jonni crooked her
finger. "Don't make me wait. I'm so ready for you." She leaned back
into the pile of pillows and cupped her breasts.
Val's mouth captured a
taut nipple at the same moment he slid home in a smooth thrust.
Jonni gasped then
moaned. "Perfect. This is perfect." Her hips rose to grind against
his groin.
Val decided they'd
never go so long without each other again.
This is the conclusion
of an unnamed series and it's in the beginning stages so far. I love writing this
couple and can't wait to see what they get into in this one.
That's it for this
week.
Cheers!
Skye
No comments:
Post a Comment