Sunday, December 26, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Mind the Shadows (Warlock's Curse 2)

Happy Boxing Day. Hope everyone who celebrates had a great holiday and everyone who doesn't had a great week.

It's the last Sunday of 2021 and it's been a doozy of a year. Had a very busy week with my middle kid's health issues again, but we're finally closer to getting an actual answer for what's been going on with him. I'll be thankful if we get confirmation.

Slow week for television. I started with the opening arc of season twenty-two of Classic Who. Ended up being a decent four episodes. Six is growing on me.

Finished up Mysteries of Apollo and ended up enjoying this six episode look at the space program. Not sure what new series I'll start this week.

Caught two episodes of The Muppet Show. Melissa Manchester and Tony Randall were the guest stars. I didn't have a chance to watch the Muppet Christmas Carol but I might get it in this week.

Started Fosse Verdon and liked the first episode. This should be an interesting show to dive into. Looking forward to more.

Watched another episode of Peak Practice. Really not sure about the new guy. I can't quite decide if he's desperate, evil or both. So far, I don't like the guy at all.

Enjoyed another lesson of MasterClass with Bill Nye. He's a lot of fun and tackles the serious topic of climate change without making the concept too over the top.

I started season two of The Witcher and loved, loved, loved the first episode. Can't wait to get into more.

Last but not least, I watched two episodes of Classic Rugrats. Both were enjoyable and ones I remembered fondly of watching with my oldest.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Mind the Shadows, book two in the Warlock's Curse series.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Nadia Iris discovers the terrible truth about her lineage and confronts the man responsible. Her father's dark plan for the future isn't high on her list of things to get done … but reuniting with Falk Ridenour is. Too bad her dad has other ideas for Nadia.

And a preview snippet…

Falk Ridenour strolled up the lane leading to a large manor house. "Whew. Nice digs." He let out a low whistle.

A car churned up behind him then sped past, narrowly missing him, and screeched to a stop in the circular drive. Falk frowned. What a dick.

He walked a little faster, ready to give the driver hell for being reckless. When the man exited the car, Falk had a whole different reason for trashing him. What the flaming fuck is Sebastian North doing here?

Falk called out. "North! Were you trying to run me down?" Wouldn't surprise Falk in the slightest if the other man had attempted vehicular homicide.

North turned bleary eyes toward Falk. "What? Why would you—" He broke off when he got a look at Falk. "Aw, hell. Why are you here?" He still had the same petulant sneer to his voice.

Falk stopped by the gleaming sedan. "Better question is why are you? I know for a fact Nadia didn't invite you." Not on the same day she'd asked Falk to stop by.

Sebastian raked a hand through his hair. "Look, can we not do this right now?" His feet shuffled with an uncomfortable gait. "And before you ask, I haven't heard from Hagan, I haven't tried to contact her, and I'm not going to." He shoved his hands in his pockets.

Falk snorted. "Considering it's your fault she's gone, I'd suggest staying on that course." The irony of almost getting run down by his foster sister's ex hit hard.

Sebastian rolled his eyes. "Whatever, man. I do what I want and Hagan's not at the top of my list anymore."

Falk drew his arm back, ready to let his fist fly. A soft hand on his shoulder stopped the momentum. He turned to find Nadia looking amazing behind him.

Sweeping her up close, his anger drained. "It's good to see you." And feel her against him.

She tilted her head back. "I'm glad you came." Her gaze followed Sebastian's path to the front door where he met the man who could only be Nadia's father. "Do I want to know what that was all about?"

Falk grunted. "Yes, but not right now." He narrowed his eyes when Sebastian followed Boris into the house. "Do I want to know what that's all about?" Probably nothing good.

Nadia made a grimace. "Yes, but not right now." She took his hand and started leading him around the side of the house.

Falk sent one final look in the direction of the big house. "Am I gonna meet your old man?" Quite frankly, he didn't care one way or the other.

Nadia stopped in front of a small cottage. "I'm not going to inflict him on you. The man doesn't deserve to meet you." She twisted the knob on the door and pushed it open. "We have some catching up to do." Hauling him across the threshold, she wrapped her arms around him. "Unless you haven't missed me as much as I've missed you…"

Falk nudged the solid oak shut with his foot then braced his shoulders against the wood, dragging her up against him. "I've definitely missed you…" His mouth closed over hers and everything became right in his world.

Sebastian North and the reason for Hagan's disappearance evaporated from his mind.

I love this series. Currently, I have three books and a side novella set in this universe. Nadia and Falk have a lot to get through.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment