Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Mirror of the Mist

Welcome 2022! Honestly, I'm hoping for great things in the next twelve months. After two years of questionable circumstances with family health issues and weird things happening, I'm kind of ready for some smoother sailing. Here's to making that happen.

Had a weirdly busy week with finalizing some work projects and clearing my desk and inbox for year-end stuff. Also had some running around that needed to get done.

Sort of a so-so week for television. I caught two episodes of Chicago Med and liked both. Sad to see Conor's life implode again and since I know what's coming for him, I'm hovering in the background wondering how bad things will get.

For a fun pick-me-up, I watched the Snoopy Presents: For Auld Lang Syne special and thoroughly enjoyed it. I might have to revisit all the Peanuts specials to keep the mood up.

Caught an episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries and, as usual, loved it. This show makes me happy. I'm always excited to see returning characters.

Enjoyed the holiday episode of Death in Paradise. Gotta say I really enjoyed it. I need to start from the very beginning and watch the whole series run to date.

Watched the first part of Silent Witness and I have a feeling it might be the last of Harry's episodes, which makes me sad but I'm also getting closer to episodes I haven't seen yet.

Caught the first episode of a Classic Who two-parter. I think this season has a couple of those.

Started a new series with The Alaska Triangle. Loved the first episode, mainly because it's like brand new information to me. There's so much stuff about the Bermuda Triangle but I haven't read or watched anything about the Alaska one.

Enjoyed two episodes of The Muppet Show. Mac Davis and Carol Burnett were the guest stars. Still hoping to get the movies watched in the near future.

Watched the first part of Fantasy Island's holiday episode and should finish up the second part this week. Really enjoyed it and I hope it goes in the direction I'm wishing for.

Caught another episode of Peak Practice. The new guy is really annoying me to no end. I'm not sure if they'll end up making him a decent guy or not, but at this point I don't actually care.

Viewed another MasterClass lesson with Bill Nye. Critical thinking and critical filtering was the topic and I loved it. Bill explains things so well.

Enjoyed the second episode of The Witcher. This season has been a bit of a roller coaster already. I feel awful for Yennifer and can't wait until she hooks up with Geralt and Ciri.

Caught an episode of Star Trek: Discovery and thoroughly enjoyed it. So far, the second season is excellent. Love Pike and Michael's interactions and I'm totally down with Tillie and Stamets having their weird issues from interactions with foreign entities.

Wow, I watched more than I thought I did. That's pretty much it for the update this week.

Tonight's post is from Mirror of the Mist, a modern twist of a fairy tale with some paranormal elements woven in.

Here's the mini-blurb:

An urban riff on Snow White, Cecelia Dumond, a black arts priestess, tasks Dys Hunter to assassinate her counterpart, a mystic oracle named Lyric Song. Dys goes undercover in a fight club to gain access to the powerful beauty. Little does he know, she's the one to lead him home, back to his rightful place as heir to his father's empire.

And a preview snippet…

Dys Hunter entered the chamber of his mistress, Cecelia Dumond, and stopped in front of her, bowing his head. "You called for me?" His mouth watered when she approached, the sheer fabric of her dress outlining the curve of her breasts and the flare of her hips.

Dare he hope…

Cecelia gave a nod. "I have a job for you, Hunter." She trailed her fingers from his bicep to his wrist.

His body immediately responded—as it always did when she touched him. He craved her, would do anything she asked, and come back begging for more. Anything to win favor and make her eyes gleam with pleasure over his accomplishments.

She grasped his hand and tugged him forward, leading him to the edge of her sanctuary. "I want you to find a way in to Thrune Ultimate Fighting Factory." She twined her fingers with his. "I have a dossier for you to review on the head of the company. She's your target."

Dys arched a brow. "What's the end goal?" He didn't normally do honey traps as Cecelia had other henchmen better suited to that kind of work.

She let go of his hand. "To take TUFF down and ruin any chance of it getting back up and running again." Her feet glided along the slate tiles to the huge floor-to-ceiling mirror that cast shadows on the powder gray walls. "There's more to the Thrune Ultimate than cage fighting matches. They've got a lucrative sideline that I want control over." Her head angled back. "The paranormal well runs deep within the ranks over there and I won't have that kind of competition." She turned back, her face a mask of anger.

Dys longed to give her serenity. "What do you need me to do?" He'd find a way to make whatever she required a reality.

Cecelia loosened the stays of her dress and let it fall to the floor. "First, I want you hard and hot for me then I'll outline your plan of attack…" She snapped her fingers and smiled when his clothes disappeared then she swept her arm to one side and directed him to her bed.

Dys didn't think about anything other than her and the bliss she created for the next two hours.

I'm having a lot of fun playing with the Snow White themes and changing things up a little.


 

That's it for this week.

Cheers!

Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment